Trident FAQ (official)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jonmos75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you calibrated the Trident after replacing reagents B & C or in your case all three reagents? If not try that and give it a few test to see what the levels are at.

JAMSOURY

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How stable do your trident numbers look? Do you guys tend to ignore the hundredths as accuracy and only look to the tenths as most other results from manual tests you can get?

Clydester

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just installed my Trident today and it says my Trident software (v12) is OLD. When I try to update (from Apex local on the desktop or the fusion app) the update fails and says "no communication with module." Any ideas?
Aside from this everything seems to be working fine - got my first set up values and they look reasonable.

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question about calibration in case I’ve missed it.

-I’ve finally replaced all of my reagents after a month or so of testing. Is it a good idea to. Recalibrate after every reagent swap?

Or, in general, when is everyone recalibrating with the supplied solution ?

Sorry if it’s been asked before.

Thanks

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question about calibration in case I’ve missed it.

-I’ve finally replaced all of my reagents after a month or so of testing. Is it a good idea to. Recalibrate after every reagent swap?

Or, in general, when is everyone recalibrating with the supplied solution ?

Not always necessary to recalibrate after replacing just the A reagent, ime.
You only get one bottle of calibration fluid, so you couldn't do it anyway (unless you buy more separately.)
Good idea to recalibrate after replacing the B & C reagents, or all three.
I run 4 combined tests on the new reagents, and then recalibrate.

rkpetersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just installed my Trident today and it says my Trident software (v12) is OLD. When I try to update (from Apex local on the desktop or the fusion app) the update fails and says "no communication with module." Any ideas?
Aside from this everything seems to be working fine - got my first set up values and they look reasonable.

Make sure that your AOS software is up to date first, before updating the Trident.
Then try disconnecting your Trident from power, and reconnecting.
Let it go through initialization and see if it can update then.

U

User1

View Badges
Make sure that your AOS software is up to date first, before updating the Trident.

Thanks for this. Forgot about the IOS update. I just did this as my Trident will arrive on Wed.

Clydester

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Clydester

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately that didn't work. What is the latest Trident software version? Mine is stuck at 12 even though it says it updated it to the latest version.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anyway to adjust the Trident alarm range without rerunning the initial setup task? I tried updating the range from the control interval option which I assumed would automatically adjust the alarm to correspond with the new allowed range but it does not cancel the existing alarm from the prior range. Thank you

rkpetersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anyway to adjust the Trident alarm range without rerunning the initial setup task? I tried updating the range from the control interval option which I assumed would automatically adjust the alarm to correspond with the new allowed range but it does not cancel the existing alarm from the prior range. Thank you

Changing the Trident control settings unfortunately doesn't simultaneously change the alarm limits.
Maybe that's something for a future system update, but in the meantime, you have to change them manually.
Either from the Inputs page, or in your base_email output.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changing the Trident control settings unfortunately doesn't simultaneously change the alarm limits.
Maybe that's something for a future system update, but in the meantime, you have to change them manually.
Either from the Inputs page, or in your base_email output.

Thanks! Found it on the input page.

Also thanks to Neptune for the quick response to my email even on a holiday today.

robmiller2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a safe way to weigh down the tubes that go inside the reagent bottles? Im at 30% of reagent left and my calcium levels are going way up again, due to drawing in air bubbles. If there are any ideas out there please let me know. Thank you.

U

User1

View Badges
Quick question I hope. I have read the first post with current links to common Q & A, Get Started. I also did a search with some text, I didn't find it. Sorry if this has been covered (note - I didn't consult the Oracle...).

Anyway with regards to adding the reagents. The video on Neptune's site says finger tight only. That makes sense. However, as I was placing mine in I had a question.

Question: Installation says finger tight caps/lids on the reagents when installing. Does that create a vacuum as the reagents get drawn in? Dosing containers usually have a reverse check valve (DIY usually does this, I do on my Voss bottles) or say l eave 1 - 2 threads visible. This is to allow it to vent.

How does this apply to the reagents? Would like to get it right so I don't have to go back...

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question I hope. I have read the first post with current links to common Q & A, Get Started. I also did a search with some text, I didn't find it. Sorry if this has been covered (note - I didn't consult the Oracle...).

Anyway with regards to adding the reagents. The video on Neptune's site says finger tight only. That makes sense. However, as I was placing mine in I had a question.

Question: Installation says finger tight caps/lids on the reagents when installing. Does that create a vacuum as the reagents get drawn in? Dosing containers usually have a reverse check valve (DIY usually does this, I do on my Voss bottles) or say l eave 1 - 2 threads visible. This is to allow it to vent.

How does this apply to the reagents? Would like to get it right so I don't have to go back...
The tubes entering the reagent bottles do not have an airtight seal through the caps and therefore air is able to enter there to prevent a vacuum.

U

User1

View Badges
The tubes entering the reagent bottles do not have an airtight seal through the caps and therefore air is able to enter there to prevent a vacuum.

Thank you. I was not sure. It is going through the setup now - priming reagent and sample line. I think once that is done I can run a manual test. Thank you again. was pretty painless although I run two Cor 15's so did not have a open 1 link port. One of the Cor 15's is powering my skimmer so I just borrowed that. I will see how much the extra 1 link module is and order that. The skimmer can be offline for a few days.

Thank you again. I appreciate the information and help. Have a great day.

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I was not sure. It is going through the setup now - priming reagent and sample line. I think once that is done I can run a manual test. Thank you again. was pretty painless although I run two Cor 15's so did not have a open 1 link port. One of the Cor 15's is powering my skimmer so I just borrowed that. I will see how much the extra 1 link module is and order that. The skimmer can be offline for a few days.

Thank you again. I appreciate the information and help. Have a great day.
Glad to hear it's working. You can both run a manual test when done as well as start a schedule.

Once you see it working well for a couple days you can then do the calibration.

I have two in different systems and they've been very insightful. Especially my Coral QT tank where lots of frags and some clams 'come and go'. I don't think I ever realized how much the alk swung in there before, now I can keep it pretty steady and have the data I need to know when I need to up and lower the dosage as things come and go in there.

Re 1link, I think the eb832 has three 1link ports. Do you have a dos on the third? You probably know this but if you do have a dos and still have the power supply & cable from it you can use it for the trident.

Enjoy and good luck with your reef

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that trident has been out for a few months, I am curious if there is any more information about the annual maintenance. I'm particularly interested to know if all parts that could potentially be 'stained' by reagents get replaced - particularly the vials that are read for titration color. Thanks in advance.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back