Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Rice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Terence Will it be possible to use the Apex/Trident to control Alk/Ca dosing with single head dosing pumps plugged in to an energy bar?

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Terence Will it be possible to use the Apex/Trident to control Alk/Ca dosing with single head dosing pumps plugged in to an energy bar?

Yes. But not in the same safe, automated and easy manner as when paired with the DOS.

You would use your own programming statements to make it happen.

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I trust the trident for testing, I don’t trust a computer to pick an amount of chemicals to put in my tank.

Unless you are manually dosing everything, this is already happening whether you are using an Apex, the DOS, or a timer and a BRS dosing pump. Even a calcium reactor used with a pH controller and/or electronic co2 “doser” is requiring that trust.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. But not in the same safe, automated and easy manner as when paired with the DOS.

You would use your own programming statements to make it happen.
Is there a program in the works for the DOS to dose Triton or another type of method without overlapping?

I know u run triton or have in the past how did you have that set up

Also sorry the Brs video didn’t work out for ya hopefully next time

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does Trident prevent over dosing between testing intervals? And similar to what someone else asked does it calibrate to the strength of the solution to prevent this?

Hitch08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I please haz one? Feels like I've been waiting for years.

McDam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By purchasing the additional aquabus cable and power supply does this mean the trident can be connected to an aquabus port on the APEX Classic? It only has to be able to send test results back for display purposes and fusion. I can't imagine the new apex having any special hardware to handle the Trident control if it can be controlled/monitored through the aquabus port, which means there is no reason it shouldn't be compatible with the classic other than it is just not being allowed? I am sure there is a reason if someone is willing to explain. Thanks in advance.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it's 2016 or EL model only. The usb/power brick is for the EU market which are stuck with legacy power bars, or a 1link module which in the EU is probably rare as heck.

McDam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it's 2016 or EL model only. The usb/power brick is for the EU market which are stuck with legacy power bars, or a 1link module which in the EU is probably rare as heck.

Yes, I get that. But if it works through the EU market power bar aquabus I see no reason it couldn't work through the classic aquabus and power bar. Besides intentionally limiting the hardware to upsell new equipment. Which I have no issue with really. I get it. Its just business. Designed obsolescence is just the world we live in now as anyone with iPhones knows all too well.

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does Trident prevent over dosing between testing intervals? And similar to what someone else asked does it calibrate to the strength of the solution to prevent this?

The Apex uses the information from the Trident along with a “standard baseline” or “nominal” dosing level provided by the user, to slowly adjust up or down dosing in relation to that nominal level in order to keep the aquarium at the target level while keeping adjustments within a safe zone of adjustment.

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a program in the works for the DOS to dose Triton or another type of method without overlapping?

I know u run triton or have in the past how did you have that set up

Also sorry the Brs video didn’t work out for ya hopefully next time

Due to the complexity involved I doubt that there will be any automation that at the same time adjusting up or down the levels, that it also makes sure they do not overlap. That said, having an initial staggering configured, overlap should be minimal.

My best suggestion for those concerned is to physically separate 3a/3b from the other dosing tubes.

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By purchasing the additional aquabus cable and power supply does this mean the trident can be connected to an aquabus port on the APEX Classic? It only has to be able to send test results back for display purposes and fusion. I can't imagine the new apex having any special hardware to handle the Trident control if it can be controlled/monitored through the aquabus port, which means there is no reason it shouldn't be compatible with the classic other than it is just not being allowed? I am sure there is a reason if someone is willing to explain. Thanks in advance.

No. And this has been covered to great ends already.

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I get that. But if it works through the EU market power bar aquabus I see no reason it couldn't work through the classic aquabus and power bar. Besides intentionally limiting the hardware to upsell new equipment. Which I have no issue with really. I get it. Its just business. Designed obsolescence is just the world we live in now as anyone with iPhones knows all too well.

My computer 10 years ago or more had a USB cable. But it won’t work with my iPhone XR.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question @Terence
I have a DC8 I'd like to control my daughter's tank with from my Apex classic. I believe I need to run 40ft, is that doable with regular phone cable? What's the maximum distance you can run that phone cable style connection between Apex and DC8? If I'm sidetracking this thread pm me please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back