Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Actually I have but I'll repeat and post more evidence from yet another manufacture - this time Aqua Forest. Guidelines for dosing vary by manufacture but here is an extreme example from Aqua Forest that calls for a 1 hour gap between dosing solutions. Can you please explain to me how simply putting your dosing lines in separate locations will provide similar results as an hour long delay between dosing?

upload_2019-4-19_21-1-27.png

Further, I've been dosing Triton for quite a while now and never had problems with precipitation until my dose became very high relative to my water volume as the tank matured and coral / coralline became dense. So while many might be able to get away with either dealing with some minor precipitation or not having any due to relatively low stocking / dose, the struggle is real for those of us using products like Triton etc. for dense SPS reefs that are 100% reliant on dosing (no water changes etc). I'm currently tracking to spend about $1500 per year on core 7 for a 165g tank and would prefer not to waste it to precipitation.

Additionally, as already explained, Triton recommends dosing Core 7 Full Triton into the algae fuge to promote better algae growth and nutrient reduction. Again this is not unfounded and I have seen similar results. Moving dosing locations is at odds with this directive.
Thanks. Most people have all of their output lines close together. If they are apart there shouldn’t be a huge reason to wait an hour. For example. My soda ash output goes into the sump right near the return. The calcium goes into the sump near the filter socks. The flow in my tank is such that within 10 minutes everything is mixed and I have no precipitation. So while I wouldn’t necessarily run them together. I wouldn’t worry about running them 10 minutes apart. Frankly it’s probably fine to run them at the same time if there is enough separation and enough flow. Jmho

ryboy707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s everything going with NSI testing? Any news? Hopefully smooth and any problems are being handled expeditiously

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We really want to know is if there will be enough Tridents on the initial release to cover the demand or will we all be waiting for the company to restock before we can actually get our hands on one.

+1. I'm hoping to get 3 units initially.... will that be difficult out of the gate or should we plan on an abundant supply?

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping they will have enough for the launch but that seems like a difficult number to gauge unless they actually release some information to retailers to begin preorders. @Bulk Reef Supply any news on your end regarding release or when we may be able to order the trident?

boltzfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we please preorder somewhere if were only 4 weeks away or so?

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is an old saying " You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink".

You are correct, you cannot force it to drink but you can drown it. ;)

Wife says no homewrecker or waltdisney till i get a trident to monitor tank levels :)
Bring on the trident!!!

Im new to SPS and the WD is pretty hardy from my experience. I was an idiot and threw it and a another on a frag rack and stuck it at the top of the tank in 450 PAR and its color just took off and looked great. The other had to spend 2 weeks on the sand bed to recover.

I look forward to my Neptune Apex overlord!

Zaireguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I refuse to grow up....:) i drive the wife nuts more this way..lol

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@smartwater101 nothing but anticipated ballpark pricing around $500 to $600. Terrance hinted we should be betting on the over under of whether it will be released by the 2k post. I think we should all post to the 2k mark and get some new detailed info from @Terence :) Deal?!?!

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@smartwater101 nothing but anticipated ballpark pricing around $500 to $600. Terrance hinted we should be betting on the over under of whether it will be released by the 2k post. I think we should all post to the 2k mark and get some new detailed info from @Terence :) Deal?!?!

yikes... thats... expensive. Curious to see how it holds up against the ReefBot. I'd prefer to have something like this hooked to my Apex anyway, but you can do many more tests with ReefBot.... tough choice.

Hopefully the accuracy will be what makes the Trident stand out and worth the $

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back