Triton base elements without a fuge?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To im currently have a small fuge which i feel do little to nothing. What would in theory happen if i continued dosing base elements and didnt have a fuge to utilize macroalgae substanses provided by it?

Would the tank get an algae explotion or?

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly, if you are using the original Base Elements or the Core7 Base Elements then they contains elements beneficial in the growth of algae, specifically macro algae in the refugium. If you do not have a refugium then those elements will either accumulate as they are not being taken up by anything or they will be utilised by pest unwanted algae species.

If you do not want to run an algae refugium may I suggest you look at the Core7 Reef Supplements range as they have been designed to be used with any method and have the "Pro Algae" elements reduced. If you go down that route though you will have to implement another form of nutrient control.

Cheers

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I refer to pest algae growing in the display. Although other organisms may well utilise unused elements as with any method.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 85 67.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back