triton milk container leaking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...and good luck finding a dosing container with 4 containers. You would make a killing right now...I'm sure someone is working on it, but they need to hurry.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...and good luck finding a dosing container with 4 containers. You would make a killing right now...I'm sure someone is working on it, but they need to hurry.
You only really need 3 as 3a-3b can be put together

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jimmy, sorry that you have experienced this, if I may give you a bit of background info on the problem we had.

We changed over from the plastic to the more sustainable packaging and carried out months of testing prior to release, unfortunately after that time the packing machine developed a fault, this caused the bottom seal to fail after an amount of time on a small percentage of containers. The first production run was several thousand units and they were shipped around the world. As soon as the fault was found production was ceased. We got technicians flown over from the machine manufacturers and also the packaging manufacturers. They found the fault and oversaw the production of the new batch which showed zero failures over time.

It was not practical to recall the affected products from some parts of the world so the wholesalers/retailers were instructed to replace any failures straight away. This will continue until the last few units are out of the system.

If you contact your retailer they will replace the affected units for you.

Again I'm sorry you were one of the unlucky ones.

If you have any trouble with the retailer please let me know right away.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jimmy, sorry that you have experienced this, if I may give you a bit of background info on the problem we had.

We changed over from the plastic to the more sustainable packaging and carried out months of testing prior to release, unfortunately after that time the packing machine developed a fault, this caused the bottom seal to fail after an amount of time on a small percentage of containers. The first production run was several thousand units and they were shipped around the world. As soon as the fault was found production was ceased. We got technicians flown over from the machine manufacturers and also the packaging manufacturers. They found the fault and oversaw the production of the new batch which showed zero failures over time.

It was not practical to recall the affected products from some parts of the world so the wholesalers/retailers were instructed to replace any failures straight away. This will continue until the last few units are out of the system.

That’s good

I have a question with my triton milk jugs 3a and 3b had about in inch of crystals (kinda reminded me of shaved ice) at the bottom after shaking before I put them in the dosing containers

In my dosing containers these crystals are at the bottom now and no matter what I do they re form. I Can’t recall this happening on the bottles but could have and I just didn’t notice

In the future what can I do to stop this or what’s the best way to stop this from happening and last is it bad to dose them after it crystals up?

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s good

I have a question with my triton milk jugs 3a and 3b had about in inch of crystals (kinda reminded me of shaved ice) at the bottom after shaking before I put them in the dosing containers

In my dosing containers these crystals are at the bottom now and no matter what I do they re form. I Can’t recall this happening on the bottles but could have and I just didn’t notice

In the future what can I do to stop this or what’s the best way to stop this from happening and last is it bad to dose them after it crystals up?
No that is due to the solutions getting too cold, nothing to do with the containers. Simply heat the solutions and they will return to liquid.

daelie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@Triton

Tim, I am not certain I appreciate your response. Am I to understand Triton had a known issue with their packaging and elected not to recall a defective product or even provide any proactive public notice there was a potential issue?

You have chosen, for "practical" reasons not to voluntarily recall products in certain markets. Since when did it become impractical to recall faulty products in the US? Was it impractical, to expensive or just endemic in German companies to pull a Volkswagen and ignore customers and distribution channels until publicly called out?

Should I wait to order product until the bad units have been flushed through the system or risk the hassle of having to make a potential exchange? Is Triton accepting responsibility for return shipping? How about damage caused by leaking containers?

No matter the root cause and subsequent remedial actions undertaken, it is ultimately Triton's reputation at stake. While I have only been a customer for little over a year, I have concerns over the passive approach.

Mike

Goodgreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These piece of **** milk cartons are going to lose me to this method. 2 of mine are leaking from the top seal. You won't need to worry about the environment when no one is buying any of your containers. In fact, why don't you put my photo on the side of each carton in the next shipment with "Missing Customer" underneath.

20171217_153640.jpg

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, you guys are brutal. As long as they make good for their mistake what's the problem? Are they denying a problem or not replacing for customers?

Are they making good for the mistake?

Has Triton agreed to pay for return shipping?

Has Triton agreed to pay for consequential damages?

And truth be told, Triton really did deny there was a problem by not being more forthcoming.

For "practical" reasons (read financial) Triton chose to put the onus on customers to fix the problem. Sure, Triton will replace defective packaging, but how will folks be compensated for the hassle?

As a customer, I feel Triton has attempted to hide the problem by being passive.

I would have more respect and been less concerned if Triton had been upfront, informed their customers there was a problem and committed to taking care of us before folks started complaining about it on the internet.

Triton obviously knew given what was done to fix the machinery, and they obviously knew when they made the decision not to recall the faulty packages.

It's just plain lousy PR.

We are not talking soda-ash in bulk here. This is a premium brand with a premium reputation that charges premium prices. Where is the premium service?

M

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had leaky containers. I called BRS. They sent new contrainter no questions asked. It took 5 minutes of my time. I saved what I could of the leaky ones. No big deal. In fact I got brand new full containers and what was left in the leaking ones. You guys chill out or move on. They make good on all defective stuff. Good to go

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have sent an email to @Bulk Reef Supply on Friday but have not heard a word back. I am sorry the cartons had a defect that is terrible.
Thasnk you

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 135 60.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 81 36.0%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.0%
Back