Trouble Dialing in Dosing Pump

  • Thread starter Thread starter bowen1022
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bowen1022

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2016
Messages
419
Reaction score
195
Location
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I have been having some troubles dialing my dosing schedule. I just seem to over dose or under dose with my doser. Does anyone have any tips that have worked to hone in their dosing schedule? Thanks in advance
 
What brand is your dosing pump? When I first setup mine I had to calibrate the heads before I started dosing. I found a youtube video that was very helpful for mine
 
I have already calibrated them... Maybe Ill try again just for good measure
 
Are you diluting your dosed elements?
With dilution you will have more fine control over the amount dosed.
 
Dosing straight elements can be hard to do depending on the dosing system used.
Dilute your elements to get away from this issue.
 
For example
If your doser only doses in 1ml steps but 1ml is too much dilute it 50% to get away from that 1ml issue :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new