Kyle Rinker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For all of you TTM proponents... It finally happened to me. I have a major ich infestation in my display. So far only my blue tang and sailfin have visible symptoms. Because it is a fully operating reef, I feel my only method of treatment will be removing the fish.I feel that tank transfer method may be my best option at this point. But here is a couple questions to get started:
1. What do you do with a mandarin during the quarantine process? It won't survive outside of the display due to not having access to pods in quarantine.I am aware that mandarins are naturally resistant to ich, but it seems that leaving it in the display will be a potential host for the parasite.
20200213_161928.jpg
20200213_161758.jpg

2. After the TTM protocol is complete, how do you quickly establish a cycled quarantine set up to maintain your fish while the display sits fallow? I do not have enough space in my home to always leave a quarantine tank set up, so I will have to do it quickly. Do you use a combination of products like prime and water changes? How have you done it in the past? I plan to leave my display fallow for 90 days or so.

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mandarins have to be treated. They are resistant to displaying signs of ich, but can still be a host and carrier. A mandarin will absolutely live and thrive through TTM. You would need to hatch baby brine shrimp and feed them a few times per day. That would be more than enough to sustain them.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back