Tunze nano ATO- worth it?

Discussion in 'General Equipment, Hardware, Filtration' started by will0wtr33, Jan 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. will0wtr33

will0wtr33 Member

Does anyone have any experience with the tunze nano ATO system? I've been looking into a top off system to help keep my nano's salinity stable. I'm considering the tunze, but have seen quite a few recent reviews that have me wondering if it'll be more trouble than it's worth. I've also heard it's a pain to mount on a tank with a rim. Any advice, opinions, or alternative suggestions?

Tags:

2. derek yoonie

derek yoonie Active Member

**** peice of **** has failed me 5 times in a 2 month period man , i still havent contacted them, pay good money but it acts up $%^&*(

3. derek yoonie

derek yoonie Active Member

suspect pump is defective , or sensor is always bugging low levels water refuses to turn on

4. will0wtr33

will0wtr33 Member

That's exactly what I keep seeing in reviews.

5. AdamNC

AdamNC Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Lost my first one after 3 years of perfect working. Working on my second one, about 6 months in with no issues. The only issue with rimmed tanks is if you have no sump, the water line will be about 1/4”-1/2” below the trim where the float switch needs to sit.

will0wtr33 likes this.
  6. will0wtr33

will0wtr33 Member

Ahh yeah, I have a rimmed nano 10 gallon with no sump. dang. Dry winter air and the heater running more often has me adding like 16-24 ounces of RO/DI a day, sometimes twice a day. I don't mind tank maintenance, but I feel like that much evaporation while I'm sleeping or gone at work can cause too much salinity swing in such a small tank. I check two or three times a day just to be safe.

7. fishybizzness

fishybizzness Active Member R2R Supporter

[​IMG]
    I have a rimmed tank and had to make a mounting bracket to get my water level higher. I didn't like the level being so low. I've had it for about 9-10 months with no real issues.

AdamNC likes this.
  8. fishybizzness

fishybizzness Active Member R2R Supporter

[​IMG]
    I have a rimmed tank and had to make a mounting bracket to get my water level higher. I didn't like the level being so low. I've had it for about 9-10 months with no real issues.

Draft saved Draft deleted