Turbulent Waterflow

Vinh

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2015
Messages
205
Reaction score
78
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read that corals need turbulent water flows and not linear/one-way flow. How important is this? I'm running a 10-gallon with a single powerhead (Hydor Koralia Nano 425) that seems to provide plenty of flow on the surface and in the water. However, since I'm only running a single head will this not provide the type of turbulence needed to keep corals?
 
It'll be fine, I'd place it mid level angled up to the surface, more gas exchange and it distributes flow pretty evenly, even across the sand bed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new