Turn Your Old Apple Device Into A Webcam

  • Thread starter Thread starter Marquiseo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Really glad you posted this also! I was having a hard time getting an IP webcam to work right then came across this. Had an old 3GS laying around and got it setup. I use a windshield suction cup car mount and have it on the end of my tank. Works great!

3GS isn't the best cam but im just using it for kicks, nothing critical:
39AF7DE1-A765-4524-89DC-785DBF9864AE_zpsh45x1fza.png
 
Are we getting charge on our data plan if we are not using our own wi-fi?
 
This is excellent. Haven't read the whole thread but will give it a go in a few weeks.
 
I have been using mine for a couple months now. I love it!
Always checking it. They do have the motion option as well.
As soon as my lights turn on or turns off for any reason, I get an email and a notificacion.
 
Wow I didn't know of this app. Thanks for the info and a must use app going forward when I'm away on vacation or from home at work, ect or just want to see the tank or even show someone my tank.
 
I am glad that this app is useful to many hobbyists and it is continuing to make its way to those that didn't know it existed. I am always down effective, cheaper alternatives in this hobby. Keep spreading the word!!!
 
Bumping for people still unaware
 
Using this while I am at RAP this coming week!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new