Turning over a new reef.

smalltimereefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgraded from the 20 gallon into a 75 used tank I got for a great deal. Hoping to have a beautiful aged reef in here one day.

Running an Aquatop CF500UV canister filter, Reef Octopus 1000 HOB skimmer, HOB marineland filter converted into refugium, and Current Orbit Marine LED. 45 lbs of live rock

Stocked with a snowflake clown, mocha clown, bristletooth tang, yellow eye kole tang, mandarin, and 2 cleaner shrimp. Corals are a large rock of red people eaters, a couple zoa frags, micronesian torch, cabbage leather, and a ricordea.

Here is a video, thoughts and suggestions welcome as I am only a year into the hobby. Be sure to change to 1080p.

Last edited:
OP
OP
smalltimereefin

smalltimereefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my nitrates down to 5-10 ppm through (almost) daily water changes after my original cycling process. Cycled with ammonium chloride so th nitrates were high after the cycle but easy to get down with water changes. After getting them down I stocked the tank and nitrates stay at 0-10 ppm with weekly water changes. Canister filter hasn't even been in use for a month yet so its not a nitrate haven at this point. Hoping the HOB refugium will counter that issue as well. Thanks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back