OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some GHA can send you. Not sure how to do it, but I'd gladly give it a shot. I assume a wet paper towel and a Ziploc bag would work.

Haha, thanks but I'm starting to grow some in the 40B with the tangs. At least they'll have something to graze on.

My pallys haven't opened in a long time, and the zoas only open halfway. I'm gonna do a big water change today and see if that'll help any. Something is off, and it started before the black out. The brown algae is still gone, so I fixed one thing!

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have some palys you can have too. I'd be glad to send you some. No joke. I know you've got a special event so just tell me when.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not enough time to run the full spectrum, but a quick alk check and I'm at 10dKH.

10dKH!! ;Nailbiting

That's way too high. I already had a 5g tote full of RODI, so I mixed up some salt really quick and did a 5g water change. I also lowered the max intensity on my light from 60% to 40%. I'll leave it there for 2 weeks or so, untill I start to see some color come back. My bonsai is looking pale from the alk spike. Hopefully I can get it to recover.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30 minutes after water change alk is at 9.2dKH. Not as bad but my SPS doesn't like high alk... Headed to work now, I'll let the tank settle until Monday when I start my week off. Then it gets a full round of tests to see exactly where everything is. I should have some nutrients in there by then. I've been feeding enough for 4 clownfish in a 14g tank.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update over here... If you haven't already found it, go check out my latest build in my signature, the Deep Blue Sea. Once it's cycled and running, everything in here will be going over there and eventually this will become a coral QT/frag tank.

Now for how everything is doing in here. I removed both carbon and GFO from the media basket and now my only filtration is floss and water changes. The dosing pump has been off for the past few days and I'll check alk soon, but the color is starting to come back in my SPS. I've been feeding the clowns twice a day and they've learned that the IM magnetic defroster is where pellets come from. They still don't have much interest in frozen mysis, but I put a cube in there every couple days so the LPS can catch a few pieces. The brown algae with bubbles in it hasn't shown it's face anymore, but I do need to clean the sand bed with my next water change.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This stylo has been growing nicely lately.
20171015_212019.jpg
20171015_212028.jpg

Blue picture is blue...

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 31.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 69 79.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back