SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard that Icecap 1K is pretty sweat.

They had them up there for 15% off... but no plastic and I spent my money on coral.

I added one of my PP8s in the tank last night in addition to the SW4s and played with the flow some. Its on I think 4/8 LEDs on a slow pulse. You should have seen all the detritus it stirred up when I first plugged it in. It came on wide open on constant speed. Instant detritus storm and sand was being pushed from the front to the back, threatening to cover the low rock on the right with all the LPS.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Parrotfish of some kind. He had such a rough trip in that i havemt seen true colors yet.

E9BBD1C6-C2FE-4A13-BEEA-732859887276.jpeg

In no way, shape or form is that a wrasse.
*insert Jean-Luc facepalm gif*

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope....Not sure how it was mistaken for a fairy but that’s behind us. The DOA was a Radiant wrasse which luckily and surprisingly LA had back in stock yesterday so we ordered another small one and a mated pair of Long Nose Hawks.

Will be calling a couple of LFS today/tomorrow to see if they will adopt a Parrot as I don’t know anyone with a FOWLR tank. I don’t even want a credit it just needs a home.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I'm using gorilla glue gel, but after I'm out I probably won't use it again.
I tried it, and it was difficult to use. Most just ended floating up and getting caught in my overflow weir.

I have been using the Loctite super glue gel (blue container) which is much better, but each container is only good for 3 or 4 corals.

I have had this recommended by a few people. They say the formula is a little different in the smaller sizes so you have to get the big one. Pricy for a one time purchase but if I don't have to buy container after container, hopefully it will be a good purchase.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0071CHMTC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried it, and it was difficult to use. Most just ended floating up and getting caught in my overflow weir.

I have been using the Loctite super glue gel (blue container) which is much better, but each container is only good for 3 or 4 corals.

I have had this recommended by a few people. They say the formula is a little different in the smaller sizes so you have to get the big one. Pricy for a one time purchase but if I don't have to buy container after container, hopefully it will be a good purchase.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0071CHMTC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've used the Loctite super glue in the little plastic holder thingy. It works awesome, but as you said, it's only good for 2 or 3 corals and you're out. This gorilla glue will glue a whole frag rack down and then some before you're out, but the stuff makes a mess and you have to shake it constantly to keep it mixed. I'd buy a large bottle or nice frag glue, but the last time I did that more than half of it ended up hard in the bottle and I had to throw it out.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just clicked the link, lol. I've had that before, good glue but it eventually went off in the bottle on me and the tip was always glued shut. I had to get a tooth pick and push the glue clot out of the tip before I could use it. As you can imagine, it held like crazy.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just clicked the link, lol. I've had that before, good glue but it eventually went off in the bottle on me and the tip was always glued shut. I had to get a tooth pick and push the glue clot out of the tip before I could use it. As you can imagine, it held like crazy.
This is supposed to have a metal needle in the cap to prevent that from happening now. Hopefully it won't be a mistake!

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How has everything settled, how is the naughty coral?
Don't make me spam you again!
Oops!
Vodka!? :)

DSC04980 by sshipuk, on Flickr

We're at work now @najer... your guess is as good as mine. I did look with the flashlight very briefly while getting ready for work. No sweepers that I saw.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You haven't made them unlock the servers yet. :confused:

Shame on you!;Sour

I'm downloading right now 60% installed. Midnight EST release, the entire rest of the world is playing already...

Been doing the quest for the golden bananas stuff today at work. Shhh, don't tell my boss.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think turtle needs a few Anemones

Send me another cube tank this size and I'll set up an anemone and cinnamon clown tank. BTAs LTAs and Sebaes everywhere.

Just might take me a while to build up equipment for a second tank.

Last edited:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm downloading right now 60% installed. Midnight EST release, the entire rest of the world is playing already...

Been doing the quest for the golden bananas stuff today at work. Shhh, don't tell my boss.
I thought that was an online quest! I could have been working on it!!! ;Nailbiting

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 27.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.4%

Back