OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should have put the Sonic on Smiley's head..... Could have had green and purple hair...

;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Galaxea has some pretty nasty sweepers... so it's off by itself.

22025907285_5f9420223a_b-1024x678.jpg

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, um... thats a bummer. They make good on it?
They did make good on it. No real explaination but whatever... Live and learn. Got my $ back and will stick with LA/DD from now on. Finding a home for the fish will be tricky i think. Glad i had a mostly empty tank to hold him in.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They did make good on it. No real explaination but whatever... Live and learn. Got my $ back and will stick with LA/DD from now on. Finding a home for the fish will be tricky i think. Glad i had a mostly empty tank to hold him in.
What kind of fish is it?

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The swap looked fun, unbelievable you missed by one, BTY how do you mount your frags, what do you use?.... That 1K was meant for your tank.. I was thinking bout one just to push the back wall.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The swap looked fun, unbelievable you missed by one, BTY how do you mount your frags, what do you use?.... That 1K was meant for your tank.. I was thinking bout one just to push the back wall.

I usually remove the plug, clean the rock really well, dab some super glue on the base, dodge my clowns from trying to eat the glue and then glue my fingers to the rock. Every time I get near the tank my clowns think I should feed them, and whatever I have must be food. You've seen the YouTube videos. They're like little puppy dogs.

Right now I'm using gorilla glue gel, but after I'm out I probably won't use it again. I have to get a small container of water because a film comes off as soon as you dip it in water and floats on the surface, and of course, my clowns think this is food. Then I have a frag with drying super glue on it that im trying to keep away from my clowns, while also trying to keep them from eating the glue floating in the water. I'm telling you, it's like having puppies with fins.

In the case of the blue stylo and the sunset monti, I cut the stem off the plug and mounted the whole thing with a huge gob of glue. I could have used way less glue and epoxy, but I am out of epoxy. That blue stylo is a really fast encruster and had encrusted the whole plug, and montis are hard to get off the plug without completely destroying them. Especially after they have grown a little bit.

I really like it when the vendor mounts a coral to a piece of epoxy, then the frag plug. Then I can just take my knife and pull the epoxy off and glue it. No fear of breaking the coral then. The suntan digi and the bugout stylo were done this way. It also looks nicer than a round disk encrusted under the coral. Its a much smoother transition having the little dome of epoxy.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back