Turtle's Deep Blue Sea

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like your clowns are P.O. at you .....lololol ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Sipec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All clean... don't make me stick my hand back in the tank.

20180315_201801.jpg
You should try scrubbing around the corals a bit too

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like your clowns are P.O. at you .....lololol ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

:eek:;Nailbiting
Hahaha, I just realized I got both of them looking right at me. That's a pretty awesome picture. ;Snaphappy

In reality, my Bonnie and Clyde are very peaceful. They used to not be tho. They were always completly fine with me, I fed them, but they would relentlessly chase fish smaller than them. Bonnie would tail slap my first GDM for the first few weeks I had him. She gave up on the six line once she figured out it was too fast to catch. She almost completly bit the tail off a 1" coral beauty baby. Then velvet broke out, everyone went in QT, I shut the 75g down and after QT was over they went into my 14g peninsula frag tank. The coral beauty didn't make it to QT, and the six line went to the 10g with macros I used to keep the urchin fed until I had something else set up. That's the first tank Maui was in. My first eel, Ryujin, escaped his QT and went to the big reef tank in the sky. :( He was an awesome eel, great color and personality.

Since then, they've been completely chill. No aggression at all, they couldn't care who was living with them.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should try scrubbing around the corals a bit too

Maybe tomorrow, I'm trying to leave my hands out of the tank as much as possible. It's very close to running itself, I just keep messing with stuff.... like doubling up on chaeto and stripping all the nutrients out of the tank. I got email confirmation from Reef Cleaners this morning. CUC ships out Monday 2-3 day priority mail, and we got a cool discount code to use on my next order of cuc. The increased cuc should be able to handle the little bit of algae on that one rock. The rest of the rocks are clean. There are two 1" turbos going to town on it now.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost night time in the Deep Blue Sea. Visible number of ghost shrimp has gone down drastically. I see some hiding over in the rocks, but Maui has been moving around a good bit since adding them. The ones that I can see are doing fine, no signs of stress from salt water.

That's a happy face isn't it? It looks like a happy face.

20180315_215945.jpg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning time at the Deep Blue, the corals we got yesterday look great. I'm gonna say we got this tank straightened out. Look out Reef Dreams... I got a tank to stock and money burning a hole in my wallet.

20180316_105724.jpg
20180316_105748.jpg
I'm glad you feel good about it, but I would like to see a solid month with no problems!

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, I think @Scurvy mentioned some branching cyphastrea instead of the encrusting. I may get some and glue it on the very top. See how the two will grow together.

I'm not fond of flowy swaying LPS, and I already have one type of invasive polyp coral in the tank.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a nice looking tank. Looks good. Did Maui eat the shrimp?

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, I think @Scurvy mentioned some branching cyphastrea instead of the encrusting. I may get some and glue it on the very top. See how the two will grow together.

I'm not fond of flowy swaying LPS, and I already have one type of invasive polyp coral in the tank.
Yep I like the idea of spiked haired do! Bonus points for colors.

64641348-the-skull-of-punk-vector-human-skull-made-of-flowers-and-colored-mohawk.jpg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep I like the idea of spiked haired do! Bonus points for colors.

64641348-the-skull-of-punk-vector-human-skull-made-of-flowers-and-colored-mohawk.jpg
I'm thinking a Bonzai acro, if you could get it to table across the top.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a nice looking tank. Looks good. Did Maui eat the shrimp?

I'm pretty sure he did. I found one dead this morning, but the rest are MIA. I bought 10, and the woman at the pet shop threw a few extra in because she didn't feel like picking them out the net.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking a Bonzai acro, if you could get it to table across the top.
That might require some very specific pruning and trimming to pull off. Kind of like bonsai gardening... it just happens that bonsai is one of my favorite acros. I might hold off on the bonsai skull tho, at least for now.

Back