Turtle's Fairy Tale

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sump is complete without an evil underlord...?

20180707_015030.jpg
that one has claws:p as for all you folks showing off those marshmallow corals , all that sugar is making me want to ;Vomit....but some day...maybe soon:cool:

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always been a big fan of euphyllia, but my blasto colony is definitely my favorite coral in my tank.

I've got my eye open for a nice blasto... I saw some really nice rainbow blastos the other day. Pretty much any squishy LPS will be put in the bottom of the tank. Blasto, favia, scoly, trachy, acan... Monti and stylo in the middle, birds nest above that and acros up top. I think I counted at least 15+ spots for acros in the top of the tank. I tried to get as many points facing up and still have a stable structure. Acros will come later after we have a means of dosing Ca and Alk.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that one has claws:p
And not afraid to use them. On me, a power head, an eel or any fish... So what if it loses one. It'll grow back in the next molt. You don't get to be an evil underlord by not attacking first and asking question later.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of montis... my monti caps are healing up nicely. You can see some pink in the one on the right in the back, and just a touch of green in the front right. The green polyp cap has great polyp extension on all 5 pieces, so hopefully all of them make it thru. More coral to trade away for new pieces. The pink cap doesnt have as large of polyps.

20180708_192441.jpg

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got my eye open for a nice blasto... I saw some really nice rainbow blastos the other day. Pretty much any squishy LPS will be put in the bottom of the tank. Blasto, favia, scoly, trachy, acan... Monti and stylo in the middle, birds nest above that and acros up top. I think I counted at least 15+ spots for acros in the top of the tank. I tried to get as many points facing up and still have a stable structure. Acros will come later after we have a means of dosing Ca and Alk.

One thing I found with my blasto is it opened up a lot more when it was getting less light. So if you get one try and stick it in a somewhat shaded area with low to moderate flow and spot feed it with reef roids.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I found with my blasto is it opened up a lot more when it was getting less light. So if you get one try and stick it in a somewhat shaded area with low to moderate flow and spot feed it with reef roids.
Low and slow, I got it baby! Whole bottom of the tank is reserved for LPS. I have a spot in mind for some blastos. I love Reef Roids for LPS. I get such a huge feeding response using it. SPS is probably the same, it's just my other tank killed SPS before I got a chance to get them settled and feed them.

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Low and slow, I got it baby! Whole bottom of the tank is reserved for LPS. I have a spot in mind for some blastos. I love Reef Roids for LPS. I get such a huge feeding response using it. SPS is probably the same, it's just my other tank killed SPS before I got a chance to get them settled and feed them.

Won't let me directly upload a video so here's a link. This should help satisfy your squishy bouncy LPS addiction.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/K2gFhj43GWah7X9f6

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are wonderful.

I would have placed them even lower (right on the sand bed) but my Diamond Goby is a dick and piles sand anywhere he wants. There are days when I get home from work and the bottom few mouths are almost covered on that colony and he's hanging out right there giving me the look like "What? Got a problem?".

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple a pintails on DD turtle

lg-0709181-214.jpg

;Jawdrop;Jawdrop;Jawdrop

Holy carp... in the words of grandpa Griswald, "It's a beaut Clark!"

Not only are there two pintails up almost an hour and a half after going online, there's a beautiful lubbocki and laboutei on there also.

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lg-0709181-214.jpg

;Jawdrop;Jawdrop;Jawdrop

Holy carp... in the words of grandpa Griswald, "It's a beaut Clark!"

Not only are there two pintails up almost an hour and a half after going online, there's a beautiful lubbocki and laboutei on there also.

Don't you have some plastic that needs a workout?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 77 79.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.2%
Back