OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I got y'all some early morning lights pics before I left yesterday.

These Stargazer zoas are taking off, and I love it. Four, yes f-o-u-r, new babies in the last few days.

20181016_105556.jpg

C-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you come to Knoxville, you need to check out The Aquariun on Papermill Dr. and JKS on Kingston Pk.

JKS is my favorite for corals, best prices and corals in town. Aquarium IMO is only good for freshwater fsish and equipment, and saltwater only for equipment. Corals are overpriced, but fish are a good price.

Didn't know you were so close! Were you at the Smokey mountain coral expo? Wish I'd known, we could've met up or said hey.

Those stargazers look great Robin.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
JKS is my favorite for corals, best prices and corals in town. Aquarium IMO is only good for freshwater fsish and equipment, and saltwater only for equipment. Corals are overpriced, but fish are a good price.

Didn't know you were so close! Were you at the Smokey mountain coral expo? Wish I'd known, we could've met up or said hey.

Those stargazers look great Robin.
Yeah me too! I was the redhead with the hippie hair boy

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a pic of these too, they are the Jungle Juice zoas. They don't grow in a way that is good for pictures, yet. Much better view from an angle down, but the camera distorts too much at that angle. They have sprouted several new babies recently though and look very healthy also.

20181016_105604.jpg

Another coral that is coloring up, but can't really capture with the camera are my Snake Eyes acans. I'll have to pick them up so you can see them from the top, the yellow is really starting to come out on the top. I suspect they like a bit more light as the sides are a more dull tan than yellow.

20181016_105439.jpg

Long day of walking and fighting the crowd. I'm peopled out(not a people person). Back in the hotel room away from people to relax. Headed back home tomorrow morning.

C-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah me too! I was the redhead with the hippie hair boy

By any chance did you come talk to Parrott Aquatic? did your son buy one of their Holy Grail torches mabye? I was helping them for the day, had a blue parrott aquatics shirt on.

I don't think he did, I only got zoas from Cheezys and the guy with the cool acrylic tank lol.

Geez Turtle, I don't know any of these zoas you keep posting so I keep googling them and loving them lol. I hate it when i get a coral I like and its hard to take pics of it. How about some top downs to show them off??

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
By any chance did you come talk to Parrott Aquatic? did your son buy one of their Holy Grail torches mabye? I was helping them for the day, had a blue parrott aquatics shirt on.

I don't think he did, I only got zoas from Cheezys and the guy with the cool acrylic tank lol.

Geez Turtle, I don't know any of these zoas you keep posting so I keep googling them and loving them lol. I hate it when i get a coral I like and its hard to take pics of it. How about some top downs to show them off??
Yes

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to see everyone is alive and healthy! Did you enjoy your vacation?

Very much so.

Oh trust me, the film algae going away would be your worst nightmare. It was the first sign I knew I had bottomed out my nutrients.

Also did you happen to pick me up any bottles of goodness? :p

Ok maybe not completely gone, but that's a little excessive for 48ish hours.

Oh, yea I got a few bottles of goodness...

20181018_141039_001.jpg

Yea, theres a running tank in that picture so its reef related. Seriously considering adding that coral beauty to the 90 gallon... since I have @Amoo's "talent" for growing SPS, it shouldn't be an issue. She left all my other corals alone previously... and I'm not 100% sure it was her causing the damage to start with. I dont think my metal problem was 100% corrected by just removing the sand in the 35. I'm pretty sure those rocks had been saturated with heavy metals.

Yes, THOSE rocks. The ones I put in the new sump.

20181012_105708.jpg

They got removed last week.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few quick pictures of the acans (Micromussa lordhowensis) doing some tank maintenance.

JKR Snake Eyes acan. This is the one with the yellow. I got it in the JKR live sale in August amd its growing a few babies. Few top down pics at the surface, the water was moving but you can see the yellow color.

20181018_143443.jpg
20181018_143436.jpg
20181018_143510.jpg

Random orange and teal. I dropped it face first in the dirt so its ticked off. Got this one from Joey at JKR back in late June I think. No babies yet but the two polyps look healthy.

20181018_143709.jpg

Different orange and teal... got this one a year ago at the CMAC show. Going back Saturday. This one started as one polyp, grew a bunch of babies, lost the large original polyp and now it's starting to grow back over where the original polyp was. It's also been shaded a bit and half burried by either a wrasse or a conch, or both. That's why the flesh looks a little see thru. It should come back with more light.

20181018_143748.jpg

The last one. The green and purple. This was on another frag disk. When I removed it I fragged a little section of about 3 polyps. The frag, and the area fragged from the mother colony are growing like wildfire. I may frag another piece off the mother soon. First pic is mother, second is the tiny 3 polyp frag that is now at least 6 large polyps with babies, last pic is new growth on mother from fragging.

20181018_143924.jpg
20181018_143612.jpg
20181018_143939.jpg

20181018_143608.jpg

Back