upgrade coming this week!

shaggy420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
picking up my new tank this week. here are some teasers of how the room looked before and with the new paint(well, most of it is painted, the rest is being done this weekend). also there are a few shots of the jumbled mess of wires i am trying to organize during the move, and a few of my current tank and equipment. lights went off right before i decided to take pics so no livestock pics atm. will get some soon.

moz-screenshot.png
here is a link to a pic of the tank i am picking up, he didnt have a pic with the stand and canopy. the guy had a VERY nice setup. i have some big shoes to fill if i want to get this tank back to looking this good.
http://www.reefgodscreations.com/uploads/tank_first_final.jpg

now here are a couple shots of my fish room last weekend
tankupgradepics006.jpg

tankupgradepics005.jpg

tankupgradepics004.jpg

tankupgradepics003.jpg

i decided to get away from my comfort zone of paint. i have only used shades of white in almost all of my previous houses. since the room is going to be my one room of the house(thanks to the wife and kid, who have marked the rest of the house as their territory) and it will be used for my new tank, frag tank, and computer/tv, i thought that blue would be a nice color. might give the tank a little depth and i thought it would be nice to have the corals in front of a blue background. here are some pic of the room after i started painting. the computer desk also used to be along the now blue wall. i had to clear that area out because i am putting the new tank there(72lx24wx29T) and my frag tank (48lx24wx13T)that is being built will go right next to it and will end up about 2-3 inches in front of the window.

tankupgradepics007.jpg

tankupgradepics008.jpg

tankupgradepics009.jpg

jumbled mess of wires. its crazy how things can be organized and then eventually end up like this. no flaming though about all the plugs going into that one outlet. the outlet in use is on its own fuse by its self. i had it all distributed on 5 outlets, but the other 4 outlets are all connected and also run the outlets on the other side of the room, in the hallway, the ceiling fan, the front porch light, and one of the fridges. whenever it would rain that fuse would blow and i would come home to half my equipment being shut off and got tired of worrying about it. anyways,
tankupgradepics014.jpg

here is another mess, my equipment. hopefully with a stand(with doors) and canopy i can hide all of this and lock it so my 10month old daughter doesnt decide to start playing with my stuff when she starts walking. the only thing i dont like about switching stands is that i am giving up a couple inches width wise on the inside measurements of the stand, and about a foot in height, leaving less room to put stuff. my new sump will be 60lx20wx18T, leaving only a foot on the end to put stuff. my cal reactor and denitrator will be inside the sump this time though.

tankupgradepics012.jpg

here are a few other pics of the current set-up
tankupgradepics011.jpg

tankupgradepics015.jpg

tankupgradepics010.jpg

tankupgradepics013.jpg

i just cleaned this this morning. here is the junk it pulls with an inconsistent water levels and nitrate readings of <10ppm and undetectable phosphates

tankupgradepics017.jpg

tankupgradepics018.jpg

more to come as i make progress. thanks for looking

OP
OP
S

shaggy420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank was picked up last night. still waiting on my live rock to get here next week. got delayed a little. here are some pics and a few of my coral with my new dslr camera(still learning how to use it)
newcamerapics054.jpg

newcamerapics050.jpg

newcamerapics010.jpg

newcamerapics036.jpg

newcamerapics077.jpg

newcamerapics091.jpg

newcamerapics103.jpg

newcamerapics120.jpg

newcamerapics006.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back