Upgrading my tank by 1200%

So I’ve been following ur build. Sucks about the leak hope you got it fixed.
 
Im with markstubb fix it right while theres nothing in your tank. Even if you are able to "stop" the leak now by coating it in some extra glue imo there is a high probability of it coming back down the road especially when you throw the added pressure of pumps and what not. Just my 2 cents but i would pull it apart and redo that section.
 
So putting the extra primer and pipe dope on the joint and letting it seal the joint worked, no need to rewrite history.

And to the future archeologist you're welcome and I hope you enjoy your new house you just got off of Amazon uber prime ;).

Now to fill the sump and test the pressure side of the plumbing
 
So here it is the max level my sump will get to in the event of a power outage

20180427_182305.jpg
 
Just read through the thread, the tank is looking great. Amazing job on the DIY stand, I would like to think I could but have never tried. This is going to be a great build, looking forward to watching progress.
 
So trying to tune the overflow and return and there's not quite enough water in the system to make it work
 
Last edited:
Does any one put insulation on their piping? I'm thinking of doing it for energy efficacy reasons
not for insulation purposes but I use Vetwrap on my clear tubing to help eliminate algae growth from the exposed area in the back where light from a window comes in.
 
Fun build so far. Looking forward to the next step!

Next step is to finish the canopy so the cat's can't get in the tank to get a drink. Currently there's just scrap plywood on the top to keep them out and it looks bad.

Also gonna have to order some insulation from Granger as HD doesn't have any big enough for my piping.
 
Well leave it to the rain to ruin a nice productive day. The canopy is skined for the most part and added a support beam for my lights.

20180506_134246.jpg
20180506_134300.jpg


The two spots with no plywood are where I am gonna put access doors. Then just gotta trim and paint it. It's still early so the rain may let up
 
Well leave it to the rain to ruin a nice productive day. The canopy is skined for the most part and added a support beam for my lights.

20180506_134246.jpg
20180506_134300.jpg


The two spots with no plywood are where I am gonna put access doors. Then just gotta trim and paint it. It's still early so the rain may let up
Hey send some of that rain south
 
So here it is, what I got done this weekend. I would have finished it but I had to mow and now a higher power is calling and that higher power is bacon.

20180513_162349.jpg
20180513_162359.jpg
20180513_162349.jpg


The unpainted parts aren't glued yet and the smaller unpainted panel will become another access door.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new