Upgrading Tank, Equipment Recommendations

brandondavidson

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2023
Messages
62
Reaction score
54
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I started a 6 gallon nano and it is going well so far (zoas, hammer, frogspawn, mushrooms, GSP) but im already itching for something bigger, especially to appropriately house a few fish. I plan on getting an IM Fusion 15 all in one. I’m posting here because I’m asking for some equipment/hardware recommendations:

For pump I was leaning towards a Nero 3, is this overkill? Would a small Hygger be better?

I want to add a little protein skimmer but would need one small enough to fit in the AIO’s back chamber. What are some that you’ve had success with? I’ve also had some low pH issues so was thinking about adding a line from outside to the skimmer to help with CO2. Any DIY suggestions? Haha

AI Prime 16HD Reef is the plan for lighting.

Thanks for reading this and if anyone has any other recommendations or suggestions please let me know!
 
Nero or hygger would probably work fine, just tune them up/down as needed for your coral choices.

This skimmer would fit well in AIO, is well rated and can handle systems up to 66 gallons: https://amzn.to/3S3E0EE
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new