Upper limit on Nitrogen products

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Righteous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Julian@Triton I’m wondering if there’s a suggested upper limit on NH Alpha or NO Beta additions.

NDOC tests are coming back with low total nitrogen and my nitrate is measuring 0.05 with the Hanna LR tester.

I’ve been dosing 1ml of NH alpha daily. I’ve been able to keep the skimmer online and the tank is looking good, but I can tell I could probably get better growth and color with a higher Nitrogen reading.

So NDOC is reading 0.4 mg/l TNb, and suggesting I get it to 0.8 mg/l, however it’s telling me to only dose 0.36ml NH alpha per day, even though I’m already dosing 1ml per day.

Have you found any issues going higher? I know NH can push ammonia levels, so I want to be cautious. Also would there be any benefit or have you experimented with adding NO Beta if Alpha is not enough?

Heres my current NDOC:

Last edited:

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add 0.36ml/day to your current maintenance dose rate of 1ml/day and monitor for the next month before testing again with a TRITON N-DOC test kit.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 78 76.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back