OP
OP
edosan

edosan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick follow up, i am ich and velvet free (or it looks like) and all is peachy in all my tanks. Happy :)
Dosing once a week now, same dosage, 1ml every 100lt

Royy13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any evidence that this method would help rid a tank of bubble algae?

Roy

OP
OP
edosan

edosan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any evidence that this method would help rid a tank of bubble algae?
Roy

Not at all, IME will not do squat to bryopsis and Valonia.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just learning about it talking to those that are experimenting with it. Most where using it at very low dose sort of like ozone but without the chance of over dosing.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

danielb333

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon tank with a 20 gallon sump so I'm thinking I need to use 3ml correct?
Perfect timing on an older thread I was reading because I've been dosing bleach due to Dino's. On Day 4 and tank has never looked better. All dinos are none visable and corals have never looked better haven't had a single casualty from corals fish or inverts. Dosing at .5 ml of chlorox bleach 6% for every 10 gallons. 60 gallons Im assuming if i minus rock. 3 ml dose every 12 hours on a doser

danielb333

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect timing on an older thread I was reading because I've been dosing bleach due to Dino's. On Day 4 and tank has never looked better. All dinos are none visable and corals have never looked better haven't had a single casualty from corals fish or inverts. Dosing at .5 ml of chlorox bleach 6% for every 10 gallons. 60 gallons Im assuming if i minus rock. 3 ml dose every 12 hours on a doser
Also dosing hydrogen peroxide on a 12 hour cycle in-between but don't know if that also help contribute to the success so far but everything in the tank looks not just ok but healthier just by observation. All corals open. And fish active and grazing

chris124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had dinos pretty bad for well over a year. I think most of them are gone but in the process I lost all my fish with the exception of my clowns. There's still something growing on the sand that looks like it my be dinos but not 100% sure. Anyway I thought this looked like a good option to try before removing the fish a nuking the tank with bleach.

danielb333

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem with ostreopsis dinoflagellates IDed with microscope tried everything. The dirty method worked but took several months tank looked horrible in between then after several months they came back as soon as I rearranged some rock work. The bleach method works alot faster. No guarantees I was nervous as hell the first dose fish moved sporadicly for a few minutes then calmed down. Now they seem fine. but if your ready to tear down your tank and be done like I was give it a shot if you tried everything else

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back