UV Sterilizer plumbing help

JurisHP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear All:

I have a Coralife TurboTwist UV Sterilizer, and a Bean Animal filtration system.

I want to install the UV not so it is drawing from the sump, but from the tank and then a line into the sump for the sterilized water.

If someone could maybe send me a diagram and/or step-by-step instructions as to how to do this, I'd be VERY grateful.

Thanks.

Jeff

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t do it this way for a multitude of reasons, the main one being unfiltered water, debris (etc.) would pass through the UV with the potential to damage it. There’s also the issue of making it much more difficult to manage your return pump and overflow (both would need to accommodate the extra capacity of an additional pump for the UV).

Brentz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you run two returns from the sump just plumb it inline on one and be done. If only one return, plumb in parallel with a ball valve between the tees to divert/regulate flow in the UV chamber. This is how pentair recommends and it has worked well for me

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tee off of my return and return it to the sump below the socks. Keeps the detritus from building up as well.
IMG_3999.jpeg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back