Vibrant replacement to treat bubble algae...what to use

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Well with the latest news of Vibrant, it is time for me to stop using it. Problem is that I have been using it to treat a bubble algae problem. It is 80% through removal. So I am wondering what I should use in replacement of the Vibrant? Curious what others are switching to...

Thanks

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it for gha after7 weeks it melted to nothing then pineapple spunges started covering everything in my sump. After that cyano then dinos dino x killed all the spunges now my phosphates are .28 and corals are not happy.

brian2kgt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, but what are the latest news? I have been using it for quite some time and dont see any issues.

kados

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread will likely receive many replies. My opinion is if it is currently working and not causing any issues and you have the ability to finish and /or get more then ride it out. Controversy set aside I'd just continue if it works for you. Not all products work for everyone and some cause issues for some and not others.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you looking for the same algaecide ingredient as Vibrant? Is so, Algae Fix by API. And it works faster than vibrant.

If you want a natural cure: emerald crabs, foxface fish.

Porpoise Hork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want a natural cure: emerald crabs, foxface fish.
Those would be my suggestion. Just be ready to pull them out if they get too big. I have had both large emeralds and large foxes nip LPS, but only when they were fully grown. The little ones never seem to cause issues but did eradicate bubble algae from my tank.

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why does everyone wants to get rid of bubble algae? Like all nusciance algae, it only grows if nutrients are high. Unlike hair, green film, diatomaceous, etc it is easy to remove by hand.
Not necessarily true. It can take over tank even with lower nutrients. They may start when higher but if you have and then nutrients lower they still keep spreading. Also not always easy to remove. They gre in smallest of crevices and such. My last tank I thought same as you but people have not seen or had privilege to experience our plague. Lol. I have foxface emeralds and could not keep up.

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would stick with the vibrant personally. It worked for me and got rid of my bubble algae without hurting anything. People have been using it for years with good success when not overdosing. Just cause we found out its an algaecide doesnt mean it doesnt work.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would stick with the vibrant personally. It worked for me and got rid of my bubble algae without hurting anything. People have been using it for years with good success when not overdosing. Just cause we found out its an algaecide doesnt mean it doesnt work.
It’s not about whether it works or not, it’s about us having standards and not supporting companies who lie about their products.

Algaefix is the same exact product as vibrant, except it’s cheaper and the company never lied to the consumers (us).

I don’t know how anyone can continue supporting a company that downright lied and is overcharging for their miracle lie.

We cannot encourage any vendor to continue mislabeling their products as things they aren’t. It’s one thing to hide and ingredient, but to say their algaecide is a bacterial product?

Just support API’s!

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not about whether it works or not, it’s about not supporting companies who lie about their products.

Algaefix is the same exact product as vibrant, except it’s cheaper and the company never lied to the consumers (us).

I don’t know how anyone can continue supporting a company that downright lied.
I understand, but if you already bought the bottle throwing it out doesnt hurt them. im not buying anymore either with algaefix being cheaper, but i will use the last of the vibrant i have if i need it.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand, but if you already bought the bottle throwing it out doesnt hurt them. im not buying anymore either with algaefix being cheaper, but i will use the last of the vibrant i have if i need it.
Yes, I don’t see a problem of using what you have left, but I certainly won’t go out of my way and purchase a new bottle of vibrant anytime soon.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back