Vox Populi Insaniam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

kurtp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll come right out and say it, I'm worried about Adam.

His generosity is so over the top that not only am I concerned about his being able to stay in the black with his business, I also wonder if he may just live in a perpetual manic state where he thinks of himself as the Santa Claus of the reef keeping realm.

I mean, look at the Battlebox I just received which I purchased during his Vox Populi sale.

I had to delay shipment due to being out of town for a few weeks and when I read his report that the sale was hugely successful with many orders placed I figured, okay, so probably no freebies from Adam this time. He must've taken a hit filling all those orders at 15% off, plus, I am only ordering a small handful of frags so expecting one of his typical freebies is unreasonable.

Well, not only was I pleasantly surprised to see a long-coveted BattleBrush sitting atop the baggies when I removed the lid, when I pulled out the bags I couldn't believe it. He tossed in two high-end, highly sought after freebies...PC Superman Table and a freaking BattleStag!

VoxBag.jpg

Here they are fresh in my tank, chunky and happy:

VoxBox.jpg

I just did the math. $280 worth of freebies in an already discounted $300 box (plus a brush).

Seek help, Adam. We want you to stay in business forever.

OP
OP
kurtp

kurtp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even with my iPhone pictures they are all still stunning

BattleStag.jpg

DayGlo.jpg

RedPlanet& PearlyCadaver.jpg

Superman.jpg

SkinnyLove.jpg

Bubbaque, I really lucked into hitting the Skinny Love AND Battlestag availability just right, both apparently have limited availability. Adam's website lists them both as available today and, boy, I think you should jump on it. The Skinny Love is uniquely amazing. I usually jack the 'warmth' to full yellow with snapseed to get the most accurate color with my iPhone pics, but for the Skinny Love, doing that had the reverse result. The above unedited photo is almost exactly right with regard to the Skinny Love's true color - just an amazing powder blue that I've never seen in an SPS before. What the photo doesn't really show is that the polyps are a nicely contrasting red.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kurtp

kurtp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you sent all of the corals back and just kept the Battlebrush, you'd be ahead of the game.:)
I know, right? I've been wanting one since I first read about them. Can't wait to put it to use.

And I found an even better picture of therman's BC Skinny Love. This is from April 2017.
IMG_1788_2.jpg

That's just stupid amazing. I wonder what it looks like now......

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Bigger and better :) Still my favorite coral, and still stupidly difficult to photograph though, and I even got a new camera. It is more fluorescently teal than those older photos show.

This is the best representation of the color I've been able to capture, a monster frag I cut for a big pack, under Reefbreeders Photon v2:
IMG_2216.jpg

Here is my biggest colony, which is the grown out piece in my profile photo:
IMG_2402.jpg

Even with custom white balance and some slider adjustments I can't get the color quite right without blowing out other colors around it.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bigger and better :) Still my favorite coral, and still stupidly difficult to photograph though, and I even got a new camera. It is more fluorescently teal than those older photos show.

This is the best representation of the color I've been able to capture, a monster frag I cut for a big pack, under Reefbreeders Photon v2:
IMG_2216.jpg

IMG_2402.jpg

Even with custom white balance and some slider adjustments I can't get the color quite right without blowing out other colors around it.
It is beautiful!

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_2216.jpg

IMG_2402.jpg

Very impressive!

OP
OP
kurtp

kurtp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_2216.jpg

IMG_2402.jpg

Thanks, Therman, for posting those images. Truly amazing! It must just be jaw dropping even from across the room. I am so glad I was able to get a frag of this from Adam and I hope I can do right by this coral. Hopefully my assumption that being a smooth skin species it requires lower light levels is correct since I mounted it about 2/3rds of the way down in my T5 lit tank.

OP
OP
kurtp

kurtp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I don't have a PAR meter but I have a Strawberry Shortcake at the same level that is looking nice, although it took it almost 3 months to start to shine. I should probably move the Skinny Love higher, but I am hoping it will do okay where it is at because it would really fit the vision of my tank's future mature aquascape there . I'll keep a close eye on it and if it starts to languish I'll move it, aquascape vision be danged.

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think if SSC is doing well there, it should be fine.

Thanks. I don't have a PAR meter but I have a Strawberry Shortcake at the same level that is looking nice, although it took it almost 3 months to start to shine. I should probably move the Skinny Love higher, but I am hoping it will do okay where it is at because it would really fit the vision of my tank's future mature aquascape there . I'll keep a close eye on it and if it starts to languish I'll move it, aquascape vision be danged.

OP
OP
kurtp

kurtp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the best pic but I was able to get a frag from Adam!
Skinny love oct 11.jpg
Nice.
My frag is doing well. Encrusting and holding its color, with nice polyp extension. I'm thinking this is going to be one of the stars of tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 164 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back