The rinsing makes sense to me if you're using foods that have a preservative of some kind. This is at least somewhat likely with frozen seafood intended for human consumption. And
I think that's where the idea originated....otherwise I'm with Ty and it makes no sense....rinsing whole-frozen or processed foods that have no additives is just coral food going down the drain. :) If you rinse LRS, you're losing at least some of the probiotics you paid for. :) I do rinse the solution off of
@Reef Nutrition ROE since I lose no food value in that case.....I have no idea how the shipping solution breaks down in the tank nutrient-wise, although it's technically harmless. So I know I don't
need to rinse ROE, but is rinsing it a "good idea" even in a small way?
Put it another way...
If the difference between algae-bloom and no-algae-bloom in your tank is whether you rinse your food, then you very well may have bigger questions to ask besides whether rinsing your food matters. :)