Water change help

dtaylor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am working on trying to decrease the difficulty of water changes. I currently have my water making station in the basement and my tank on the level above. I have a python hose that I use to remove water and have used to connect to a pump in my water tank in the basement. I purchased a sicce ultrazero pump to help me be able to pump water directly from basement into tank but the pump is not strong enough and can only get the water to the top of the stairs with poor pressure/takes forever. Any suggestions on different pumps or different ideas on how to improve?

Thank you!
Desiree

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank and how much water are you changing? My mixing station is in the basement but 4 gallon water changes are not bad which is all I do on 2 tanks up stairs. My larger tanks sump is in the basement near the mixing station so it's easy. I'm kinda weird tho and really don't mind doing water changes.
A stronger pump would work but I alway felt it would be more trouble than it's worth. You would have to come up with a way to control the pump from upstairs and monitor water level in your mixing container thats in the basement.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back