reptireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, this is my first time joining/posting on a forum of any kind so I'm excited to share my progression. (unfortunately not too many 180.5 threads)
I started reefing about 8 months ago with a 29g Aqueon and canister, which was a freshwater setup prior. That lasted a couple weeks due to not even knowing what salinity was lol, just threw in some nasty petco LR ,some clowns and added a random amount of salt ;Facepalm;Facepalm(surprised it lasted that long, I'm embarrassed to say!). After that failed I did a couple months worth of proper research (Thanks R2R!) and invested in a NUVO 75INT and fell in love with the hobby and collecting/caring for coral & fish.

Anyways! I walked into an LFS 7-6 months ago and was blown away with their WB display tank and never thought I would have something that wild myself, but here we are!! Officially ran out of room in the 75g.

I'm a little late to this as it's on its last leg of the cycle (first WC tomorrow!), but better late than never? :cool:

Here's my current progress photos and specs, lots more to come..

Waterbox 180.5
Vectra M2
2x MP40's
3x Hydra 32hd
Clarisea SK-5000
Inkbird controller & Eheim 300W heater
Neptune Apex & Trident
Caribsea life rock, shapes, & arches
Caribsea Special Grade sand

68551308-E797-44F6-B1CF-E4A7485081DF.jpg IMG_3756.JPEG
IMG_3761.JPEG

Last edited:

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice and I love the mermaid!

Cunning_plan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed the Clarisea sk-5000, so far not happy with it. Constantly rolling new filter even with the return pump at 45%, and even with the bypass hole open. Aside from that the motor is pretty loud. Wouldn’t mind as much if it wasn’t rolling every other minute.
3C85A28E-2C23-4F25-907D-EA1A7F9F56AE.jpeg
Mind sharing how you modified the sump for this? I've been contemplating doing the same. As it stands I have to clean my filter socks multiple times a day to stop them overflowing. I've currently given up and am running sockless.

OP
OP
reptireef

reptireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mind sharing how you modified the sump for this? I've been contemplating doing the same. As it stands I have to clean my filter socks multiple times a day to stop them overflowing. I've currently given up and am running sockless.
I took a blade to the black sock holder squares silicone to get them off but with the actual glass baffles it's nearly impossible, so I basically took an adjustable wrench and had it pull on the top of the glass baffle pieces until they broke one piece at a time. Very dangerous and sketchy route but all I could think of. Then get the remainder of the silicone off with a blade. I didnt want to drain the sump so I just shut off the tank and wet-vac'd all the glass shards after

Cunning_plan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a blade to the black sock holder squares silicone to get them off but with the actual glass baffles it's nearly impossible, so I basically took an adjustable wrench and had it pull on the top of the glass baffle pieces until they broke one piece at a time. Very dangerous and sketchy route but all I could think of. Then get the remainder of the silicone off with a blade. I didnt want to drain the sump so I just shut off the tank and wet-vac'd all the glass shards after
Well that's a pretty ballsy approach. Not convinced I have the guts for it but will take another look!

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello - very nice setup... i am starting a new build with a reef 180.5! how did you connect your vectra to the flex tubing that came with the tank... thanks!

Cunning_plan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s exactly what I ended up doing as well for the record.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back