Wave Maker is dirty / Something Growing on it

Adam_1992

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 18, 2020
Messages
87
Reaction score
17
Location
Sydney
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Ive started to notice these last few days some stuff on my wave maker only at the bottom and the front of it.
I guess it looks likes hair or a spiders web, but I can only see it on the wave maker.

Any ideas what it is or if I should be worried?

940F3CD3-8E88-4100-A772-9AE8953EBB83.jpeg 5DD0C0E2-66C6-4F30-9208-8FA9F6626946.jpeg E5616AB0-91C3-4E4B-AE7E-BF3F29547073.jpeg CBA16339-0DAC-412A-9ACE-6E078D710A08.jpeg
 
It’s just detritus build up. Take the pump out the tank and rinse it in freshwater and it’ll be clean again. Happens to all pumps over time
 
Ahh okay. I noticed it after I moved some rocks around a couple days ago so that makes sense. I don’t think I have much algae in there as yet as I wanted to get a star fish but worried it will starve without the algae.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new