OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They still look good top off. I say work with what you got or look online there is a way to make a biocube rimless but I don’t want to attempt it
4bde13b2a9f451491232d906514e1a55.jpg
tank just waking up so it’s very blue but you get the idea

Wow that looks awesome you did the whole rock scape in the middle just like i want to do how much rock you use there

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t remember the weight but around 25-30lbs. You just have to look around cause good rock that is really porous does not weigh much. I just kind of went for shape and went from there

OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t remember the weight but around 25-30lbs. You just have to look around cause good rock that is really porous does not weigh much. I just kind of went for shape and went from there

Once i start my bio cube Ima get the rocks organized maybe even glue a whole structure together take s drill make a bunch of spots for frags

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had the white light only Marine orbit, lasted about 2 years, got some salt in it somehow, factory replaced it super fast and easy. It grew my Acan's like weeds, blasto's too, also did very well for my Hammer corals at multiple levels in my 90. I didn't like the controller much but I think it's been upgraded. It grew my corals enough to make me want more and to grow more types of coral. It's a great light to step into the hobby, you'll upgrade eventually but that can be fun to evolve your system how you want. Remember, it's about the journey

Nathan Aubin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

It depends on which orbit your going with, for your answer. I run two of the orbit marine pros (60 degree lens) on my 240 and I can grow anything. I even have a Maximus clam almost on the bottom of my tank and it is 34 tall. I tried to add three lights and it was extreme over kill.

If your running the current ic 90 degree lens you will need two of them and I would not suggest you try a clam with those. If you find the critical angel of them you will have better luck. Here are some pics with my tank using orbit marine pros atm, and it’s only 9 months old.

C870AE46-1A4D-4E91-B4A9-A34933D7D8DE.jpeg

C3794EEA-1AED-4723-8A79-14FE27932313.jpeg

B9B142BA-F9F7-4D0C-A35E-2E188D5D0B82.jpeg

61521786-9C31-430D-BC49-B2F0DC128ADA.jpeg

C400B66A-946E-4F0E-98DE-6EBD13FEA58E.jpeg
I Run 3 strips, the Dual Pros @ 134W and a single Marine IC LED in the Front, great coverage I was worried about the PAR for growing LPS, Not really interested in SPS at this time If so I will likely add some Kessil 360x's to increase par

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Run 3 strips, the Dual Pros @ 134W and a single Marine IC LED in the Front, great coverage I was worried about the PAR for growing LPS, Not really interested in SPS at this time If so I will likely add some Kessil 360x's to increase par

Hello,

Do you have pics of the lights that you have? If you have the model version 4114 (depending on length changes the last number), if so then they are stronger than the kessil’s are bare minimum equal to. It will depend on the size of tank and depth. Each light aka current, kessill, Ecotech etc are really all about equal (depending on which ones and or models obviously). But it’s verh common for one to love kessill for their shimmer, or Ecotech for (list option here) or even current. To be fair, there are some current usa models that are not as good as the kessill, hydra etc etc. this is why I asked for a photo of the light because I will be able to tell.

I have always been honest, if you have the ic loop version then yes they are not quite as good as the kessill etc etc. I’d you have their beast version your splitting hairs power wise. It will come down to features and color etc. everyone is different and if it’s what they like or you like at least that’s an honest answer. But to buy a light because the name etc is kinda silly. There are those who think current lights are garbage, they have that right. With that said though when I ask them why, most could not say why, or had even experienced them. (I would never obviously force what I like on someone else,) but I have had excellent results with the version that I have. As stated before the kessill etc etc are all good lights, but what determines one to go with said lights should be what appeals to them.

Nathan Aubin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Do you have pics of the lights that you have? If you have the model version 4114 (depending on length changes the last number), if so then they are stronger than the kessil’s are bare minimum equal to. It will depend on the size of tank and depth. Each light aka current, kessill, Ecotech etc are really all about equal (depending on which ones and or models obviously). But it’s verh common for one to love kessill for their shimmer, or Ecotech for (list option here) or even current. To be fair, there are some current usa models that are not as good as the kessill, hydra etc etc. this is why I asked for a photo of the light because I will be able to tell.

I have always been honest, if you have the ic loop version then yes they are not quite as good as the kessill etc etc. I’d you have their beast version your splitting hairs power wise. It will come down to features and color etc. everyone is different and if it’s what they like or you like at least that’s an honest answer. But to buy a light because the name etc is kinda silly. There are those who think current lights are garbage, they have that right. With that said though when I ask them why, most could not say why, or had even experienced them. (I would never obviously force what I like on someone else,) but I have had excellent results with the version that I have. As stated before the kessill etc etc are all good lights, but what determines one to go with said lights should be what appeals to them.

I don’t have a pic I’ll upload shortly. They are 48 inch long and they have cooling fins on the back side. They are considerable larger and heavier and they had to mount direct to the ordit arms I have on the tank.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

You actually have the high powered 60 degree lens version dual marine pros. Those are equal to the radions and are probably giving you better coverage. From the pic they look identical to the 4114 version only the 48inch.

I have had really good success using the preset 3 and then leaving the blues at 100 and brights at about 40%. If you have the round doomed lens (60 degree lens) I wouldn’t switch lights and you can grow anything with those lights.

My Maximus clam is 24 inches down and is doing excellent and make no mistake those lights are extremely powerful.

Nathan Aubin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I actually have 3 strips. The pros and one strip of just the marine orbit led. I like the coverage. And the price was right. I use preset 3 as well I have my blue at 80 and my whites at 45 I’m fish only for now my tank is only 2 months new

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

If you have followed any of my threads I have posted pics of my 240 gallon and my mixed reef with these lights. They are (lol probably) the only really good high powered lights current usa has made. Their other lights are good but nothing like the 4114 model. They are releasing new ones that are suppose to be even better than the 4114 version but also incorporate the Bluetooth and ic loop system into it.

Of course this is speculation but it came from current usa directly when they asked me if I would be interested in beta testing them which lol yup.

Back