What did you do to your reef today?

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2009
Messages
2,873
Reaction score
343
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is a really popular thread on a forum I check out once in a while and I couldn't find one on here so I figured I'd get it started.


The question is...what did you do to your reef today?


Did you add something new? Perform some maintenance? Stare at it for a few hours?! Let's see how long we can keep this going!
 
To get it started...I added a banded coral shrimp (at the request of my fiance), and did a 15g water change. :bigsmile:
 
We did a 45g water change and took our SRO 6000sss skimmer offline and gave it (and the Bubble Blaster pump) a much-needed, thorough cleaning.

-M&T
 
I stuck my hands in the tank to hand feed the corals and my fish bit me for about an hour straight.
 
Tore half the rock work apart to get a harlequin shrimp out that I sold to a local reefer. I swear the rocks only go together once the same way! :sad:
 
I think I looked at my tank for 15 minutes today. I have had family up since Wednesday. 7 people in a small apartment does not leave me enough room to do any maintenance.
 
I think I looked at my tank for 15 minutes today. I have had family up since Wednesday. 7 people in a small apartment does not leave me enough room to do any maintenance.

Aaah, I know how that goes! My father visited for a week and took over my reef room!
 
bought a snowflake eel, 2 true perc clowns, bi color angelfish, 2 yellow tail damsels. all for 60 dollars from a guy who had to tear down his tank cause of a move to an apartment where he couldnt keep his tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new