What do you guys think of my nano reef?

Angelo Fatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 20 Gallon AIO tank. Started it up about a year or so ago, but it's not my first reef tank ;). All the coral started from little frags, so there is at least a healthy growth to some extent. Im not a guy to use aquarium controllers and high-tech type of stuff, I usually keep it very simple and take care of my tank often. The male clownfish is about 2.5 years old and the female is about 1.5 (I saw her dying at petco a while ago and I felt bad, so I rescued her). I just re-aquascaped this week and got all the corals in their places. Im really happy with how it turned out and hope it thrives for the future. I have not even dosed much, just added trace elements and do trace element water changes. Let me know what you think! If I'm doing anything wrong or right, I'm happy to hear! **I just ordered my first sps frag, I think I will dose a little extra when I add more, I'm planning on placing sps on the very top, probably 3 different frags. Thanks!

20170628_001252.jpg

View attachment 20170628_001327.jpg

20170628_001300.jpg

20170628_001254.jpg

20170628_001310.jpg

20170628_001338.jpg

20170628_001346.jpg

20170628_001342.jpg

Slarti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice clean tank! Those two clowns sure do like the camera. Is the white rock a newer addition to the tank?

OP
OP
Angelo Fatica

Angelo Fatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice clean tank! Those two clowns sure do like the camera. Is the white rock a newer addition to the tank?
The two clowns are always in my face when I try to look into the tank, I'm currently in a grudge with the female, she always bites me when I put my hands in the tank! The white rock is probably a couple months old I needed some smaller pieces and I liked it because it creates itself a small cave, pretty cool [emoji16]

Slarti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh just thought it was your latest addition! As for the biting clown, just give up now as it seems once they start they just get more vicious as time goes by! First time mine bit me it was water everywhere as I yanked my hand, with soaked sponge, out in double quick time. Six months later and I hardly flinch when she goes in 'for the kill'!

OP
OP
Angelo Fatica

Angelo Fatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh just thought it was your latest addition! As for the biting clown, just give up now as it seems once they start they just get more vicious as time goes by! First time mine bit me it was water everywhere as I yanked my hand, with soaked sponge, out in double quick time. Six months later and I hardly flinch when she goes in 'for the kill'!
I always threaten to put her in a sushi roll [emoji38]

Dev11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0519.JPG
Nice tank. Looks like we have about the same set up. Mine will be a year old in sept. What light do you have on yours?

OP
OP
Angelo Fatica

Angelo Fatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0519.JPG
Nice tank. Looks like we have about the same set up. Mine will be a year old in sept. What light do you have on yours?
Wow! very similar haha, I have a black box over my tank, usually have a t5 setup on it but I think I'm going to buy a kessil a360 so I want to see how my corals will do with leds. How did you get such clear photos? mine were coming out blurry because of the lights.

Dev11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice. I have an ai prime hd on mine. The leds seem to work pretty well. The photos are just from my iPhone 6.

OP
OP
Angelo Fatica

Angelo Fatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice. I have an ai prime hd on mine. The leds seem to work pretty well. The photos are just from my iPhone 6.
I had an ai vega hd on my 60 gallon when I had a tang-tank, but when I got rid of them I just used it on my planted tank so I got rid of it. I didn't want to try it on my nano because I just got the t5 setup and it was like 300 bucks so I was set on using it. Now I'm selling my t5 setup because I like led lighting better.

Dev11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I definitely like the adjustability of the led. This is my first tank and I have really enjoyed it. My friend owns a lfs in charleston sc and he got me started. I've been thinking about upgrading to a 75g tank. if I do I think I'll stick with the leds.

OP
OP
Angelo Fatica

Angelo Fatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I definitely like the adjustability of the led. This is my first tank and I have really enjoyed it. My friend owns a lfs in charleston sc and he got me started. I've been thinking about upgrading to a 75g tank. if I do I think I'll stick with the leds.
Yeah honestly t5 and led cost about the same depending on the quality, but led are more controllable and make better visual appearances in my eyes.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back