What happened to Eco Tech customer service?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

K SEE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So like a lot of us, I have been running EcoTech products for years. A few times back in the twenty teens I had some issues and they were resolved immediately as you would expect when paying a premium price. Now here we are after a few buyouts and mergers and I have been fighting for a simple defective part replacement on a brand new product purchased at retail from an authorized brick and mortar seller. A new MP-10 has a simple issue, the impeller is too tight so it seizes and falls off. I am an experienced reefer so I keep a spare wet side on hand for cycling through cleanings with no downtime so I was able to use that one and figured no big deal, Ecotech will take care of it. Here we are 2 months later (partially my fault for not having time to jump through their hoops right away. Pics, videos, serial numbers etc.) and countless emails and I still have not received a part. Absolutely unacceptable! Really doubtful that I will ever consider another Eco Tech product again.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So like a lot of us, I have been running EcoTech products for years. A few times back in the twenty teens I had some issues and they were resolved immediately as you would expect when paying a premium price. Now here we are after a few buyouts and mergers and I have been fighting for a simple defective part replacement on a brand new product purchased at retail from an authorized brick and mortar seller. A new MP-10 has a simple issue, the impeller is too tight so it seizes and falls off. I am an experienced reefer so I keep a spare wet side on hand for cycling through cleanings with no downtime so I was able to use that one and figured no big deal, Ecotech will take care of it. Here we are 2 months later (partially my fault for not having time to jump through their hoops right away. Pics, videos, serial numbers etc.) and countless emails and I still have not received a part. Absolutely unacceptable! Really doubtful that I will ever consider another Eco Tech product again.
Wonder if the recent corporate activity has anything to do with it

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Last time ( last spring) I had a issue with a controller on my M2, there was a moderate amount of emails back and forth( after the initial phone call ) but they held up their end.
They really never had a presence here on R2R, but used to be fairly active on reef central, but I've noticed that's dropped off.

Ben Pedersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen a change is service. Just had to contacted them a couple weeks back. They were courteous and quick. I wonder why you are having an issue.

Lemyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have sent back 1 MP40 and 2 MP10's for noise coming from the dry side, and aside from having to pay for my own shipping back to them it cost me nothing and the turn around was fast.

I mentioned it to my local reef store owner, and I was miffed that I had to cover my own shipping to get a new product fixed but he said that consumers had taken advantage of the company over the years such as providing repairs outside of warranty etc... so they had to tighten up on their warranty policies.

Now this is just my experience, If you did not register your product with the serial number and file a claim via the claims website I could see this being a difficult process.

First thing I do when I make a purchase over 200$ that has a warranty available is upload a copy of my receipt and register the serial number due to the common defects I have noticed with products now a days.

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
consumers had taken advantage of the company over the years such as providing repairs outside of warranty etc... so they had to tighten up on their warranty policies.
That can't be right. If it is, it's BS. It doesn't seem right for a company to punish all it's users because they [the company] *chose* to do free repairs on out of warranty equipment.
If they to tighten up their warranty policies, they should stop doing out of warranty repairs.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have reported a problem to Ecotech twice in the last 2 weeks and that directly via Mobius with videos and screen recordings. There was always a standard guide for dummies on how to add a product to Mobius and how to disconnect everything from the power for 30 seconds in the event of problems. I almost think this mail is automated.

well, at least one reacts. Some companies don't even have automated emails for their customers at the start ;)

Last edited:

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently just got brand new vecra l2 pump under out of warranty problem. My problem was new to them as they had no idea what was wrong with it. But this pump was replaced under warranty about 2 years ago also. Anyways costumer service was great to me.

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever have the "open circuit" error on a radion light? I have G5 XR15 Pro and it just shuts off on its own - mobius tells me it has an "open circuit" error. When I press "resume schedule" it turns on for about 2 seconds and shuts back down. To make matters worse, I just recieved $1000 of new coral today from ARC. I'm beginning to fall out of love with the whole Ecotech brand....this sucks.

Any help would be massively appreciated!!

jDoSe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech customer service used to be great years and years ago. Now, it is just incredibly immoral and incompetent. I don’t know many times i have to repeat the same questions over and over and over. They just purposely don’t answer because their know their product(s) are flawed/defective.

You can tell how little they care by their lack of responses on this forum. They only want your money now. As soon as they have it, support is out the window.

So many of their products are so defective that they really should face a class action. Not necessarily so that end-users get any compensation from it, but to show them what they are doing is not ok.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech customer service used to be great years and years ago. Now, it is just incredibly immoral and incompetent. I don’t know many times i have to repeat the same questions over and over and over. They just purposely don’t answer because their know their product(s) are flawed/defective.

You can tell how little they care by their lack of responses on this forum. They only want your money now. As soon as they have it, support is out the window.

So many of their products are so defective that they really should face a class action. Not necessarily so that end-users get any compensation from it, but to show them what they are doing is not ok.
All I wanted was to purchase a replacement oring... I couldn't even get that. What do you do? Just let the market work it out I guess.

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever have the "open circuit" error on a radion light? I have G5 XR15 Pro and it just shuts off on its own - mobius tells me it has an "open circuit" error. When I press "resume schedule" it turns on for about 2 seconds and shuts back down. To make matters worse, I just recieved $1000 of new coral today from ARC. I'm beginning to fall out of love with the whole Ecotech brand....this sucks.

Any help would be massively appreciated!!
Well...I'll eat my words a little here...

I contacted Ecotech regarding the light mentioned previously and after a couple emails exchanging some info they requested, they sent me a NEW light to replace the one I purchased in February 2020. I set it up today and it works as advertised thus far. I have to say that I was overall very pleased with the response and resolution the Ecotech team provided. Entire process from initial contact to receiving the new light was about 2 weeks (and could've been shorter had I gathered the info requested a little faster). All in all, I'm happy they took care of their customer and supported their product under warranty. Thank you @Tim at EcoTech

Back