What in the world.....

Justin101714

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My blue tang has some fluffy looking spots on him. Flukes? Should I freshwater dip? Check out the video. I added prazipro to the tank this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_0004.MOV
    25.5 MB
OP
OP
J

Justin101714

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture of the fish.

image.jpg

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first guess was lymphocystis as well, but I can't say that I've ever seen it that bad. Often caused by environmental/stress issues. I'd be prepared for secondary bacterial/fungal problems.

OP
OP
J

Justin101714

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I FW dipped him ad physically saw them come off of his body. I dipped for 4 mins. Putting him back in the DT now.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lymphocystis is a virus very similar to the human herpes virus. The spots will come and go. No worries unless they prevent the fish from breathing or eating. Best treatment of this "condition" is pristine water quality, low stress (watch for aggressive tankmates), and high quality foods. In particular, angels need some fats and proteins that are not in most foods. There is a product Angelixir that is made with some of the angel's natural food sources. Also highly recommend you take a look at adding Beta Glucan to your fish's foods. Here's an article from Advanced Aquarist that may help a bit:

Albertan22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lymphocystis is a virus very similar to the human herpes virus. The spots will come and go. No worries unless they prevent the fish from breathing or eating. Best treatment of this "condition" is pristine water quality, low stress (watch for aggressive tankmates), and high quality foods. In particular, angels need some fats and proteins that are not in most foods. There is a product Angelixir that is made with some of the angel's natural food sources. Also highly recommend you take a look at adding Beta Glucan to your fish's foods. Here's an article from Advanced Aquarist that may help a bit:

Agree with most of what you said but the fish in question is a tang not an angel. The angel pic was posted for reference.

Back