What is Going on Here?

Cool Fish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2018
Messages
119
Reaction score
68
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Candy Cane Coral that has been quite healthy for over a year, but I noticed a "spot" on it a couple of days ago. (See pic-It's hard to see in the lighting). I wonder if I should be concerned, or is this just a natural phenomenon? Thoughts?

edited Candy Cane Coral.jpg
 
This appears to be a chalice and Not candy cane coral and requires moderate light and water flow. It appears something landed on the coral (food, sand or similar) and left that spot you see.
They are generally hardy and as long as CA and Alk and salinity are not high, fare well in a tank
 
This appears to be a chalice and Not candy cane coral and requires moderate light and water flow. It appears something landed on the coral (food, sand or similar) and left that spot you see.
They are generally hardy and as long as CA and Alk and salinity are not high, fare well in a tank
Thank you. I was thinking along those same lines.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new