What is this on my hammer?

Reef Monster

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2018
Messages
171
Reaction score
65
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this? Hammer is doing well. Opens up and seems to be happy when the lights are on but what is this and should I be concerned?

65787B7D-9822-4657-A588-E751FD394803.jpeg
 
The white specks look like spirorbid worms. The purple is probably coralline algae. Is there something else you’re talking about? Hard to see the pic.
 
I was referring to the the purple stuff. If it's coralline alage I guess I can relax lol. Thanks guys.
 
I was referring to the the purple stuff. If it's coralline alage I guess I can relax lol. Thanks guys.
Does it scrape off if you touch it? If not and it’s hard, it’s probably coralline. Common on these types of branching corals. Harmless.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new