What is this stuff is?

VanCityReef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2020
Messages
96
Reaction score
71
Location
Vancouver, BC
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came back from a week long vacation and found this stuff has completely taken over my sump. Any idea what it is and how to get rid of it?

F08EF622-03B3-479F-8C39-4C91855E0DBC.jpeg 24DE858F-DC49-4892-965A-78758C7AD4BD.jpeg 83AE7EC4-2048-48CD-B67E-8809D5948723.jpeg 78DF5255-3886-40C2-9C1C-B31823137584.jpeg
 
Is it a clear algea or slime? I think I get a little of that sometimes…

@vetteguy53081 ?
A little bit. It honestly looks like cotton when it’s in the water but feels like clear mucus in the water. When I take it out of the water it has a clear mucus surrounding a thick brownish middle
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new