0   0   0
Currently I have the following.

2 Ocellaris Clowns
1 Watchman Goby
1 Royal Gramma
1 Lyretail Anthias
1 Cleaner Shrimp
1 Fire Shrimp

I made a rookie mistake and bought a Kole Tang for my 55 when I first started. He sadly passed away, to what I believe was some sort of infection. I was planning on upgrading my tank (still am) with him in mind because as he got bigger he just seemed to be going a little crazy. I'd like to add something else to my tank and wanted to see what people thought would be a good addition.

Justin Cook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you got a full tank shot? I'm wondering how much open water to rock work you have. My first thought would be to get your anthias a few friends since they like to be in groups but the tank isn't really big enough for anthias (in my opinion) much less a decent sized group.

OP
OP
E

egwich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you got a full tank shot? I'm wondering how much open water to rock work you have. My first thought would be to get your anthias a few friends since they like to be in groups but the tank isn't really big enough for anthias (in my opinion) much less a decent sized group.

This is how it looked when I first started. Had to remove some rock because my live rock was infested....Bobbit Worms and a Mantis Shrimp. But this gives you a general idea with a little bit less rock. 55 is really a tough size because it really limits you. I plan on upgrading to at least a 125.

I'm a big fan of the Marine Betta. I feel like a 55 with my inhabitants would be a bad idea though.

Tank.JPG

Justin Cook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The older I get the bigger fan I am of the good ol' Green Chromis but that's just me. A marine betta would certainly be a nice addition but it will eat what it can fit in it's mouth. i.e. small clowns, shrimp, etc... I have a clarkii clown that won't let any new fish survive so I might be waiting for a while to add any fish. Once I do, I'll be adding either a group of green chromis or a group of blue reef chromis(s). The blue reef chromis is a terrific fish and has the lovely blue color of some damsels without the insanity.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, lots of wrasses to choose from...Fairies, flashers, and Halichoeres genus.

Flame or longnosed hawk are always something I suggest.

I would suggest one of the smaller dwarf angels, like the flameback.

OP
OP
E

egwich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it. A little embarrassed that I didn't come up with it.

I know I'm in the minority but I've never been a Wrasse fan. I might consider a dwarf angel. I've always liked the Bi-Color ones but I've read they are very hard to keep alive.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You definitely are in the minority. Wrasses have lots of personality, color and activity and in general don't bother much.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 84 48.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back