What's this on my bubble coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter wmchaseb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

wmchaseb

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2019
Messages
251
Reaction score
153
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I received this bubble coral on friday. I wanted to ask what this slimly brown looking stuff is at the base of the Skelton. First pic is right after dip, second is a few hours later in the tank.
Bubble Coral 1.jpg
Bubble Coral 2.jpg
 
I’d pull it off so it doesn’t start to pester the coral just to be safe. Some sponges are not a huge concern. Some can be invasive. If you decide to remove it I find it best to remove it in another container so it’s not as likely to spread.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new