Whats up with these nobodies who want to rip off everyone?

Gatorpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bro hahaha, that is notttt what's happening in NYC. There's no supply and landlords are testing what they can get away with. The expenses to house me are not up 38% when I'm paying the electric bill.
You do realize that the value of the property has gone up dramatically and thus the taxes have as well right?

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U can own a house in America and pay taxes on the land for the rest of your life.
Or you can take the donkey. It is the same price...
Lol
D
You pay the majority of the taxes on the house value not the land. I expect a yearly tax on cars to start showing up in all states as we move to more EV's. Me and my much better half have already discussed that we will not be able to retire in Texas. Our property taxes have gone up about $3000 in the last 5 or so years. I honestly don't know how so many people can retire to these retirement homes around here. We were looking into a few for my mom and they want anywhere from $100k up to $500k as a deposit to just live at some of them. I've also learned that it can take years to get that deposit back if you move out.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You pay the majority of the taxes on the house value not the land. I expect a yearly tax on cars to start showing up in all states as we move to more EV's. Me and my much better half have already discussed that we will not be able to retire in Texas. Our property taxes have gone up about $3000 in the last 5 or so years. I honestly don't know how so many people can retire to these retirement homes around here. We were looking into a few for my mom and they want anywhere from $100k up to $500k as a deposit to just live at some of them. I've also learned that it can take years to get that deposit back if you move out.
I never would have expected to hear Texas having high property taxes.... Northeast or west coast sure...

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone seen the post by WWC lately?

Wanting to rename a “Dragon Soul” favia coral because it looks like a face; bahahahaha. You would think someone like them would know it’ll out grow that.

They even admitted it’s a basic well known favia; but it has a “face” so they wanna put a different name on it so they can charge more!

Stay on your toes folks!!!

232C77A4-557E-444D-BAFC-D02688D6B208.png AD3F335F-D727-411D-B736-3AF5837CDB3B.jpeg 3827B58A-440A-46A7-B68C-678140AE729E.png

"The face you make when you knowingly ripoff hobbyists"

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You do realize that the value of the property has gone up dramatically and thus the taxes have as well right?
People are literally having bidding wars to “rent” apartments and offering thousands over asking per month just to get an apartment, it’s not the taxes…

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wish I had had the foresight to finance all my coral purchases with cleverly written STUDENT LOANS!

With the current debt forgiveness, I might be able to buy a Ford Focus!

I think the idea; ~the love of money is the root of all evil, kinda impacts us all in different ways along the roads of life. We all feel it. Each year, the rich have to pay more taxes than I waste in gasoline when I drive to work. All that super expensive fuel money belongs in the aquarium hobby but the tax man stole it.

I solved this by getting a company car. hth.

Aging Growing Up GIF by Hilde Buiter

on a related note how insane is it you can finance a coral purchase now on so many websites. I went to pet smart for a few things and you have the option to finance it at the register, not sure if it was a joke but I saw an ad to finance your Uber eats order

Gatorpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People are literally having bidding wars to “rent” apartments and offering thousands over asking per month just to get an apartment, it’s not the taxes…
Florida doesn’t have a state sales tax and if you have owned your property you get to homestead it so taxable value is limited to a 3% increase per year.
Now when buy a new place and you haven’t owned before your taxes are based on the assessment (near market value) so your basis is a lot higher..

This doesn’t apply to rentals so the taxes go up as values go up. Insurance goes up to due to increased value and cost of construction.
6 trillion in free money
ultra low rates

Who would have thunk it would have caused inflation….

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Texas makes up for income from property tax due to no state income tax
This is not accurate. We pay much more in sales tax due to not having a state income tax. Property taxes fund completely different things. Texas has historically had an overall lower cost of living than other states, but we're quickly catching up... Property values are rising almost exponentially in urban areas and since taxes are based on the property value, they go up each year as well. There are some protections in place, like property taxes on your primary residence can't increase more than 10% a year, but that only applies to property you already own... If you move, they will tax the "new" home based on full assessed value.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And you don't think the increased taxes and other increased costs the owner of the apartment complex now owes aren't passed on to the renter?? Of course they are.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Florida doesn’t have a state sales tax and if you have owned your property you get to homestead it so taxable value is limited to a 3% increase per year.
Now when buy a new place and you haven’t owned before your taxes are based on the assessment (near market value) so your basis is a lot higher..

This doesn’t apply to rentals so the taxes go up as values go up. Insurance goes up to due to increased value and cost of construction.
6 trillion in free money
ultra low rates

Who would have thunk it would have caused inflation….
Build Back Better is another “GREEN” new deal for wiping out the value of the trillions our trading partner are holding, imo.

Market reaction- plan to->
Buy that Jebao -Jecod cheap labor knock-off before the dollar is worth a couple of Yuan.
We sold rental investment for fear of the taxes and rent control magicians here in CA government. We put a lot of sweat and money into the place to make it as comfortable a rental for tenants as possible and I was happy to do that. Drove my spouse crazy so she dumped it.
How did states provide educational opportunities for everyone back when there was no taxes? My poor parents paid their own way working as a maid/ housekeeper back in the day.
Now higher education is higher cost so folks need loans or rich uncles to pay tuition. We’re being sold into debt slavery with each new fed interest rate hike and utility rate increases.

Those elected bodies are the worst offenders in gouging folk.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build Back Better is another “GREEN” new deal for wiping out the value of the trillions our trading partner are holding, imo.

Market reaction- plan to->
Buy that Jebao -Jecod cheap labor knock-off before the dollar is worth a couple of Yuan.
We sold rental investment for fear of the taxes and rent control magicians here in CA government. We put a lot of sweat and money into the place to make it as comfortable a rental for tenants as possible and I was happy to do that. Drove my spouse crazy so she dumped it.
How did states provide educational opportunities for everyone back when there was no taxes? My poor parents paid their own way working as a maid/ housekeeper back in the day.
Now higher education is higher cost so folks need loans or rich uncles to pay tuition. We’re being sold into debt slavery with each new fed interest rate hike and utility rate increases.

Those elected bodies are the worst offenders in gouging folk.
Wow, this is getting so far out in left (or right, lol) field... Post this kind of rant in the lounge.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 109 43.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 83 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 40 16.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.6%
Back