What's up with this zoa polyp?

Diveks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this zoa being eaten by something? All the other zoas are doing well, both on the frag and in the tank. Its just this one polyp. Its been in the tank for around 2-3 months. they are loosing colour in the side where the "lashes" are retracted/gone. its been like this for 3/4 days and i think more and more of its sides are gone/retracted. havent seen any pests at night.
Water params:
- alk: 7.8
- ph: 8.2
- phos: 0.04
- calcium: 462
- nitrate: 7
- mag: 1440

Pics:
zoanthid.jpg

OP
OP
Diveks

Diveks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without knowing what denziens you have lurking in your tank, it's hard to say. I'd just keep a loose eye on it for any further change.
a second polyp has the same problem now. what should i do i havent seen anything on it. should i try dipping?

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a couple small colonies do this once. Started with just a few polyps and more each day. I found a thread here on R2R about this and multiple people suggesting chemiclean worked for them. I was not willing to use chemiclean in my system for just a chance it might improve a couple small zoa colonies, but my QT was empty so I moved them there and gave it a try. To my surprise within a day all the zoas were back to normal. I cant say it was 100% related to the chemiclean, but a few days later I put them back in the main system and they have been fine since.

I believe this was the thread I originally found that made me try it.

OP
OP
Diveks

Diveks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a couple small colonies do this once. Started with just a few polyps and more each day. I found a thread here on R2R about this and multiple people suggesting chemiclean worked for them. I was not willing to use chemiclean in my system for just a chance it might improve a couple small zoa colonies, but my QT was empty so I moved them there and gave it a try. To my surprise within a day all the zoas were back to normal. I cant say it was 100% related to the chemiclean, but a few days later I put them back in the main system and they have been fine since.

I believe this was the thread I originally found that made me try it.
Good thing i got an empty qt, might just have to try chemiclean. Should i try dipping first or go straight to
chemiclean? Only two polyps right now.

image0.jpeg

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back