I am very happy with it.

20210716_150126.jpg

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gotten my current clams from pacific east, directly from Biota’s wysiwyg section and directly from ORA via live aquarias Ora section. If doing LA be sure it’s the Ora section and ships from Florida - that is direct from Ora.

Those three sources I have found to be the best over the years. Be sure to scrub for pyramid snails no matter where. PEA is great but have had some snails sneak in with a couple orders but they are not bad to eradicate.

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my crocea clam from algaebarn. It’s captive bred and tough as nails. It’s one of the few things that survived my heater malfunctioning and the temp going up to 94 degrees F.

B9A2A898-E614-45C6-943E-9E2352F6A6A0.jpeg

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gotten my current clams from pacific east, directly from Biota’s wysiwyg section and directly from ORA via live aquarias Ora section. If doing LA be sure it’s the Ora section and ships from Florida - that is direct from Ora.

Those three sources I have found to be the best over the years. Be sure to scrub for pyramid snails no matter where. PEA is great but have had some snails sneak in with a couple orders but they are not bad to eradicate.
I second that on pyramid snails on PEA clams.

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah sadly happened to my friends order from them too. Not that they don’t do what they can, just a lot of livestock coming in.
I lost a clam from them because I wasn't paying attention. Now I'm on the scrub clams with an oral b electric toothbrush every other night diet for the foreseeable future.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine were Biota directly and AquaSD. Oh, my Giga was from ORA directly (through Liveaquaria). The captive bred clams are great, but they are small. Wild ones will be bigger, but carry more risk of infection, parasites, adjustment loss. However, I have had plenty of wild clams that were great for years.

OP
OP
ajtomase

ajtomase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah sadly happened to my friends order from them too. Not that they don’t do what they can, just a lot of livestock coming in.
Yikes, that makes me a little worried...I'll certainly be scrubbing my clam to be no matter where I get it from, but I've heard so many good things about PEA...

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes, that makes me a little worried...I'll certainly be scrubbing my clam to be no matter where I get it from, but I've heard so many good things about PEA...

The place is great, but a good snail QT is important with any clam. I like PEA, still my favorite place for clams, but snails do happen no matter how careful they are.

Back