amazin112

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a very shy Tomini Tang who is hard to get to hold still long enough to take pictures of but hopefully these are good enough. On the fish's left side near its dorsal fin are a couple of white spots. Could someone help me to determine what this might be and if what I'm doing is sufficient. The tang is currently in QT, going on day 5 with Copper Power at 2.2ish.

IMG_2719.JPEG IMG_2722.JPEG IMG_2725.JPEG IMG_2726.JPEG

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s not ich. It could be marks from flukes, but those are less of a concern than ich or velvet, so I would finish out the copper and then dose with prazipro.
The tang looks a little skinny, so try to bulk it up(but don’t feed so much that the ammonia jumps).
Jay

OP
OP
A

amazin112

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s not ich. It could be marks from flukes, but those are less of a concern than ich or velvet, so I would finish out the copper and then dose with prazipro.
The tang looks a little skinny, so try to bulk it up(but don’t feed so much that the ammonia jumps).
Jay
Good news, and Thank you @Jay Hemdal. The tang wasn't eating well at first but he/she is now (especially when I started soaking the food in garlic guard and aminomega) and I expect to see some improvement in weight and health.

OP
OP
A

amazin112

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal or any others with experience in the matter. The spots / flukes? have gotten significantly bigger and more numerous. Is the fish going to be okay with this while I finish the copper treatment or do I need to do something now to treat this? Medicate the food maybe? Prazi can't be dosed with the copper power right?
IMG_2729.jpeg

OP
OP
A

amazin112

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After some searching and reading of other posts on this forum I came to the conclusion that prazi was okay to dose with copper as long as there was added aeration. So I added an air stone in addition to the tidal 55 and tunze that were already in the tank.

IMG_2736.jpeg

I added the prazi at about 4pm or so and when I went to bed last night the spots on the tang were actually starting to look a little better.

But unfortunately when I woke up this morning the tang was dead. The cardinal seems to be doing fine but my flasher wrasse that was in the QT with them is also is hiding which is unusual for him but I have read that wrasse are sensitive to prazi so I will give him time.

IMG_2737.jpeg

IMG_2738.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back