White tips on sps

  • Thread starter Thread starter wdavid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
This is definitely STN I think? Here's birdsnest/ blueberry fields. Birdsnest is STN probably, not sure about blueberry.
IMG_20180804_132255.jpg
\
PC rainbow I believe? not sure, since its only tips.
IMG_20180804_132306.jpg

Ice fire echinata - definitely STN?
IMG_20180804_132329.jpg

Left of birdsnest - STN, the one left seems to be just growth tip? It has looked that way for weeks.
IMG_20180804_132249.jpg



I've been slowly increasing my LED output from 25% to 40% over 3 weeks with the acclimation mode after adding T5s but I brought it back down to ab out 35% just in case I was doing it too fast/ too much. Other thing I can imagine why is because I'm slowly getting off zeovit but I didn't really start that process until after these white tips showed up on a few frags.
Looks
 
I had the same thing happen. I thought I was burning my corals so I turned down the lights and lost some of my prized corals . I bought a Seneye monitor and did my PAR readings. They were at around 100 par . I turned up my lights to 90 % with a 40% acclimation for 30 days . Corals are doing great now . Seneye is a good investment!!
 
STN normally means params are swinging
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new