White tube? Worm?

Reefer37

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2019
Messages
364
Reaction score
157
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've started seeing these random white tubes along my sandbed and rockwork. Any ideas on what they might be? A worm? I'm really not sure.

IMG_20200124_203357.jpg IMG_20200124_203506.jpg IMG_20200124_203408.jpg
 
To my eyes they look like what people call tube worms. Generic name covering a lot of worms that create tubes and extend apendages out to feed. Most are harmless filter feeders
 
+1 looks like a bristle worm. Are the tubes kind of hard? They are just harmless filter feeders. Some people say they take over but I haven’t seen that before...
 
Well woke up to like 15-20 in the sandbed near one of my rock islands. Not sure if I should remove or let them be. I have a melanurus, but I guess he doesn't go after these guys?

IMG_20200126_120544.jpg
 
Look like snail poo.
 
Ahhh yeah, that make sense. I just hadn't seen much up until now and haven't added any new ones.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new