Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been on at least 5 forums since more than 20 years and have been a mod on R2R for few years so I know the "behind the scenes discussions" before a post is deleted or a thread is closed, and also know the members needs very well too.
In short feedback threads are allowed/ encouraged in the right place and in a right context to keep it civil and direct.
No thread or.post is deleted unless it's in the wrong place or breaches the TOS
Yes it's a private owned forum and needs income to cover the expenses dont see how it is different than any other forum.
I've seen people get banned on other forums for less than what's been posted on this thread so really dont see the cause for all that?
Anyone that has an issue with a thread or post closed /deleted can of course get in touch with the mods team to check why it was deleted and a notification explaining the cause is always sent with any action. Happy Reefing all.
Yes! We do really try our best to be fair and we simply try to follow our own terms of service. We're not perfect, but if you reach out to us, we're happy to review any issue and explain why action was taken and (if there is a mistake on our part) correct any issue that may have occurred.

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't speak for every thread, but I've gotten into many discussions on this site criticizing a company or product, some of which were sponsors. None of them were edited or deleted in any way. However, I've had some of my posts deleted from vendor feedback forums (rightfully so), because it was off topic and was cluttering up that post so the OP couldn't easily communicate with the vendor. That was clearly stated in the rules and I just overlooked that- however, I wouldn't call that "censorship". I don't feel any pressure to censor myself about certain companies on this site. However, I do feel like the mods give me the stink eye every time I refer to my clownfish as "food *****"- so, maybe you're right #fascism.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i appreciate the mods here, many times in my short time here,in a quick help or discouraging post,yes i have typed not rated g words,in haste not realizing,instead of removing a meaningful post,not only mods have put ***** over my word,they put a relative word in its place!!!

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One other point. Tone often gets a message muddled, especially on the internet where there are no non-verbal signals to help clarify the intended point of a post.

There are lots of threads that get off track because tone, unintended tone and our natural reactions to "guns ablaze" first posts. How you say something, unfortunately, matters how it will be inferred.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think we found the post you're referring to in your thread. It does look like there was a confusion that led to that one post in the thread being removed when it shouldn't have. It has been restored. I'm very sorry about the confusion, and we hope you'll continue to enjoy the site. If you have any further questions about an action by the mod team, I'd encourage you to reach out to us directly via pm. Like I said, we're not perfect, but we try to be approachable and we're willing to discuss any question about a decision or action taken.

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i appreciate the mods here, many times in my short time here,in a quick help or discouraging post,yes i have typed not rated g words,in haste not realizing,instead of removing a meaningful post,not only mods have put ***** over my word,they put a relative word in its place!!!

The **** is automated. A basic forum admin feature is the auto censor list. Admins can be really funny when they edit the list of substitute words/phrases.

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we found the post you're referring to in your thread. It does look like there was a confusion that led to that one post in the thread being removed when it shouldn't have. It has been restored. I'm very sorry about the confusion, and we hope you'll continue to enjoy the site. If you have any further questions about an action by the mod team, I'd encourage you to reach out to us directly via pm. Like I said, we're not perfect, but we try to be approachable and we're willing to discuss any question about a decision or action taken.

Thumbs up.jpeg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not really sure what to replace this with ;Hilarious

Houstoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this were China your post wouldn’t have just been removed, you would have as well. Americans are so sensitive about being able to say whatever they want without consequence, that’s not how the world works. Understand that there are commercial influences everywhere and take the information you get with a grain of salt. Evaluate it and decide what to believe and what to discard. None of us have any rights on the internet, we are at the whims of whomever owns the site. They are paying money to have the site hosted and to maintain it, either for profit or to push an agenda.
American here, not all of us are so sensitive it's just the majority people you see online are the keyboard warriors.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This isnt Yelp. If you have a problem with a business take it up with them. Putting them on blast here makes you look bad. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow

We must be linking to different web sites. The R2R I peruse has lots of information about products good and bad whenever I do searches or start a thread looking for info on a product before I pull the trigger.

They must really suck at censorship.

I made a post asking if anyone from AI actually checked the AI subforum because I was having some issues with newly purchased lights.

I bought 2x AI Prime 16HDs and they're different colors on the same schedule during ramp up and down.

There are many features missing from the app compared to the old lights. These features are shown on their website when they advertise the product.

I thought it was misleading and the quality control on the LED pucks may be inadequate.

Somehow else chimed in about how they've had nothing but horrible experiences with AI. (I know they can't all be bad because they sell quite a bit from what I can tell)

Someone else chimed in and said that since EcoTech bought AI they've done everything in their power to keep it second rate under their own series of products. (This is pure speculation but there are some choices that make you wonder)

The comment I had that was removed said, and I'm saying this exactly as I typed it, "That's American corporatism at it's best. Instead of investing in and innovating your own company or product to face the competition, you just buy them instead."

I don't really know why that should be removed and quite frankly that's the kind of action you see from people afraid of open, honest, mature conversation about a topic.

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isnt Yelp. If you have a problem with a business take it up with them. Putting them on blast here makes you look bad and I will tear into you. :)
I didn't put them on blast and your post just makes you look like you don't have a full grasp of the facts or really want them.

Your bias is immediate. I don't think you should try and intimidate people into not posting about a subject.

I could care less who you are or what you're " going to tear into ".

I would suggest you learn to behave like an adult.

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The **** is automated. A basic forum admin feature is the auto censor list. Admins can be really funny when they edit the list of substitute words/phrases.
It wasn't auto modded. There was no cursing or "flaming".

I seriously don't understand how people can have such lack of comprehension.

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, sir.

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wasn't auto modded. There was no cursing or "flaming".

I seriously don't understand how people can have such lack of comprehension.

It is amazing the lack of comprehension and how emotions can lead one to totally misunderstand a post. ;Facepalm

I suggest you reread my post and the quote to which I was responding. @fishguy242 was talking about posts HE made that were edited. I was letting him know that forum software have auto-censor features that edit out offensive words without mod intervention.

:)

Last edited:

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a post asking if anyone from AI actually checked the AI subforum because I was having some issues with newly purchased lights.

I bought 2x AI Prime 16HDs and they're different colors on the same schedule during ramp up and down.

There are many features missing from the app compared to the old lights. These features are shown on their website when they advertise the product.

I thought it was misleading and the quality control on the LED pucks may be inadequate.

Somehow else chimed in about how they've had nothing but horrible experiences with AI. (I know they can't all be bad because they sell quite a bit from what I can tell)

Someone else chimed in and said that since EcoTech bought AI they've done everything in their power to keep it second rate under their own series of products. (This is pure speculation but there are some choices that make you wonder)

The comment I had that was removed said, and I'm saying this exactly as I typed it, "That's American corporatism at it's best. Instead of investing in and innovating your own company or product to face the competition, you just buy them instead."

I don't really know why that should be removed and quite frankly that's the kind of action you see from people afraid of open, honest, mature conversation about a topic.

Since I hadn't read the thread in question, I was very careful not to accuse you of anything specific but rather address the conclusions you made based on my personal experience which, IMO, contradicted your assumption.

I have since read your thread as it was restored and mods said the deletion was human error which supports my conclusion that you were incorrect about the site's policy about negative feedback.

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't put them on blast and your post just makes you look like you don't have a full grasp of the facts or really want them.

Your bias is immediate. I don't think you should try and intimidate people into not posting about a subject.

I could care less who you are or what you're " going to tear into ".

I would suggest you learn to behave like an adult.

be careful

1590512280280.png

kettle calling pot black????. Who made this meme?

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
American here, not all of us are so sensitive it's just the majority people you see online are the keyboard warriors.

I don't think that is it although you raise a interesting thread for another discussion. A lot of online bullying and harassment could be solved by removing virtual names with real ones although that opens a rather large can of worms. I recall Blizzard saying they would do this years back to prevent online harassment and I thought it was a interesting idea although scrapped rather quickly.

The post you quoted I actually took offense to because it pinpoints a issue with the world today and our political climate. And sadly it is the 3rd post this past weekend that raised the hair on the back of my neck...

To reply to the OP I've often wondered why my posts have been deleted from similar vendor feedback threads I've posted in. I have to say that I absolutely disagree with the sites policy and have tried to discuss it with them. In the end neither of us will change our stance so we agree to disagree and I stay out of that subforum. Helps both of us in the end and other members here.

I will say I've had pretty good results talking to the few mods I have via PM's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back