Will stacking more magnets on Nano skimmer help?

  • Thread starter Thread starter West1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
2,226
Reaction score
689
Location
Idaho
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a Eshopps Nano Skimmer and atm I have to place something under it to get the height I need due to the weak stock magnets.

My question is, if I were to stack more magnets over the magnet that's outside the sump wall, would this increase the strength?

I plan to try it with a blown 10" sub magnet (a piece) but thought I would post to see if anyone has done some sort of magnet mod.

Thx
 
I have a Eshopps Nano Skimmer and atm I have to place something under it to get the height I need due to the weak stock magnets.

My question is, if I were to stack more magnets over the magnet that's outside the sump wall, would this increase the strength?

I plan to try it with a blown 10" sub magnet (a piece) but thought I would post to see if anyone has done some sort of magnet mod.

Thx
A single stronger magnet will work best, however be careful what magnets you put in your tank as they arent all corrosion resistant
 
A single stronger magnet will work best, however be careful what magnets you put in your tank as they arent all corrosion resistant

I replaced the eshopps external magnet with a speaker magnet that was fairly larger and it did not work any better.
I will take another look at the eshopps magnet case today and I might try and open it and put some neodymium magnets in (external magnet first).

If I open them, I will try to loosen the seal with a heat gun. Inside the magnet case, fill it with caulking (let dry for 24hrs), seal the case and hope it stays!

I have enough space for a bigger skimmer but I like the size of the eshopps.

I might buy a large neody and see if I can get away with that before opening the magnets case.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new