Worm? Id Help.

  • Thread starter Thread starter smiley
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

smiley

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2009
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
After over a year with my tank running, I woke up in the middle of the night and couldnt go back to sleep so I decided to go check out the critters in the tank. I made somewhat of an alarming discovery and managed to capture a fairly decent picture of it.

Can anyone ID this thing? Is it a pest or harmless?
 

Attachments

  • 100_1710.jpg
    100_1710.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 119
I can't see the head or tail, but at this particular moment I wouldn't be worried. It will grow to be somewhat large (12" or so) so if you get the opportunity to pluck it out with forceps, do so. You can let it live in the refugium instead.
 
looks like its a type of eucnid. Cant tell for sure. I had one once but it was more black. if it is one they are a pest. as they get bigger the will munch on new by zoa's and weak fish. I had to take the rock out and break it apart.

Mojo~
 
Thanks so much for the suggestions guys. I feel so stupid for this.. We figured out what it is.

We put a feather duster in the tank about a month ago, and this is his him coming out the bottom side of the rock we stuck his tube into, he's actually inside what seems to be a newly forming tube, it's very thin and translucent.

So sorry guys, Thanks again for the help!
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new