Worm ID

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2011
Messages
1,931
Reaction score
241
Location
SAn Jose
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Later this evening, I was looking at the right side of my display tank. One small worm got my attention.

Does anybody know what type of worm this is? Is it reef safe or should I find some way to eradicate it from my tank?

The color is orangish/red whith white feather type fibers all over the body.


Worm 1.jpg


Worm 2.jpg
 
Wesley, that actually does look like a fireworm! It may be worth your attention to try and catch him with a trap to identify.

oh and do not touch!
 
Last edited:
Wesley, that actually does look like a fireworm! It may be worth your attention to try and catch him with a trap to identify.

oh and do not touch!
+1 It looks more like a fireworm than a bristleworm. I'd catch and remove it just in case. It will get huge and if it is a fireworm, it will eat coral and whatever else it can. Bristleworms haven't been an issue until I touch them.
 
Thanks everybody.

I noticed that he always stays inside of a little island I created. So it'll be easy to get rid of him.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new