Would Triton help me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a link to a thread I have going in the sps section. I'm currently running BRS 3 part (alk, calcium, mag) on dosing pumps. My sump is nothing special, just a skimmer and live rock with some filter floss.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/major-issues-help-wanted.243301/

My main questions:

Would going full triton as yall prescribe it help me with my issues? I suspect I am lacking something trace in my water, possibly potassium. I am awaiting lab results.

What would I need to modify to go Triton? I have 3 dosing pumps, I understand I would need a fourth. I also do not have any algae scrubber or cheat, etc. What else would I need to change to being doing Triton correctly? At this point I am desperate to get a full blown top of the line sps reef.

dgrigor02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I'd send the test off and get the results back before making any real decisions.

joefishUC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a link to a thread I have going in the sps section. I'm currently running BRS 3 part (alk, calcium, mag) on dosing pumps. My sump is nothing special, just a skimmer and live rock with some filter floss.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/major-issues-help-wanted.243301/

My main questions:

Would going full triton as yall prescribe it help me with my issues? I suspect I am lacking something trace in my water, possibly potassium. I am awaiting lab results.

What would I need to modify to go Triton? I have 3 dosing pumps, I understand I would need a fourth. I also do not have any algae scrubber or cheat, etc. What else would I need to change to being doing Triton correctly? At this point I am desperate to get a full blown top of the line sps reef.
Hello. Did you receive your results yet? Share them with us or email me at [email protected] and I''ll help you go over them. To run a triton system you will need a strong and large algae section. Either a dedicated first chamber section in the sump or an ARID reactor by Pax bellum with different species of algae in it. This is a vital part of the nutrient export process with triton. If you dose the base elements, run the skimmer and a nice healthy algae bed you should easily be able to obtain your goals if you purchase healthy corals to start with. Just remember to really keep the alkalinity stable. Stability over value is the key. Shoot for 8 dkh.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%

Back